The Lightner Farmhouse
Sleep Inn and Suites(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 129
US$ 116
SleepInn
US$ 140
BestWestern.com
Hampton Inn Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 149
Hampton.com
The Lodges at Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 174
US$ 165
Wyndham Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 169
US$ 145
Days Inn Gettysburg(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 100
US$ 93
Quality Inn Gettysburg Battlefield(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 122
US$ 166
US$ 140
AscendHotels
James Gettys Hotel(Gettysburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 171
US$ 233
US$ 186
All reviewswalnut cottagecivil warfield hospitalbirch roomgathering roomrocking chairscookiesunion soldiersresident catbed and breakfastghost huntingtrundle bedgracious hostshistoric propertyhome away from homebelgian wafflesgreat history
Reviewed 27 October 2011

My friends and I wanted to take a quick trip to Gettysburg, so I booked this B&B. It was such a warm inviting place ! The owners were beyond grascious to us, directing us through town when we got lost, and providing a map of where we wanted to go. Can't wait to go back, and the cottage in the back allows children, so I can take my daughter next time.

Room Tip: we had the attic room because it slept 4, loved it
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2011

My husband and I stayed here for two nights. We had the suite in the attic, which consists of two rooms. It was wonderful, so quite like we had the house to ourselves. The house is beautiful. The owners were so helpful with information on seeing the battlefield. We booked a battlefield guide for 3 hours on our second day before leaving home on their recommendation and can't imagine seeing the battlefield any other way!!! A BIG THANK YOU for helping to make our trip more than we could have hoped for.

Reviewed 20 October 2011

My wife and I were looking for a nice place in a quiet location near the Gettysburg battlefield. We found it in spades at the Lightner Farmhouse. What a gem! Just a mile or two from the main visitors center, the farmhouse itself served as a hospital for Union soldiers during and after the battle. The location is peaceful and beautiful, as is the farmhouse itself. Our room was comfortable and immaculately clean. The breakfasts were delicious, and it is your fault if you leave the breakfast room hungry. The innkeepers were marvelous: helpful and knowledgable. If you are interested in paranormal activity, the farmhouse itself is reputedly haunted by a number of spirits, including a Union soldier by the name of Thomas, though we did not encounter any. You can take a paranormal tour with the inn's on-site paranormal expert Betty, who also works as the head of housekeeping. This is a wonderful place to stay if you are interested in history, and desire a quiet location, away from the amazingly congested center of Gettysburg. The battlefied main visitor center is a short five minute drive away. We will definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 20 October 2011

The Lightner Farmhouse is a charming historic property with wonderful hospitality. It is quiet as it is outside the town and set back from the Baltimore Pike. Our room was very comfortable and clean. The hosts have provided many thoughtful touches including hair dryer, robes, and bottled water in the room. Breakfasts were excellent! We were served in a sunny, well appointed dining room. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and look forward to a return visit in the future.

Reviewed 14 September 2011

I am a frequent visitor to Gettysburg and have stayed at most of the local B and B's in town. The Lightener Farm House is really on of the nicer places to stay. I had a really nice two night stay while I was there on business recently. This property has an amazing history. During the battle it saw action as a field hospital. The building itself is in amazing condition and the owners/Innkeepers Dennis and Eileen have done an amazing job of making this Inn both beautiful and historically accurate. The rooms are very comfortable and decorated just perfect. Some of the older B and B's are a bit tacky, and not so well maintained. The Lightener made me feel like I was back in the 1860's and I could imagine seeing the Union calvary riding by on their way to the battle nearby. If I could fault it at all it would be location. I sort of prefer to be closer to town but if you prefer quiet nights this should be one of your choices. Loved the Innkeepers and what they have done to preserve a part of Gettysburg for all of to enjoy. I would go back.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends