“Great Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #14 of 23 Gettysburg B&B and Inns
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

Great food, great ambiance, and excellent service. I will defiantly be coming back to the Farnsworth to eat. There was plenty to look at and our food came fast. I would recommend any of the sandwiches. The food was priced just right for an older couple traveling.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

My husband and I spent one night in the Eisenhower room in the main part of the Farnsworth House. The room was very nice and I didn't think it was dirty at all. There was a 13 inch flat screen TV in the room that only got a couple of channels, but that was fine for us. That evening we went on the 90 minute combination ghost tour that started at 8 PM on Saturday night. The tour started in the basement, then moved to the attic, then we walked across the street to a section of the battlefield where orbs and other apparitions have been spotted. While we were in the basement, a woman towards the back of the room suddenly leapt out of her chair in the middle of the guide's stories with a panicked expression on her face. The guide paused his story briefly to ask her what was wrong. She said that someone had pulled her hair. The guide said that Jeremy, the little ghost boy who haunts the inn, was known for pulling on womens' hair. The tour was very interesting but I felt like the guide got a little long-winded at times. After it was over, we had a few drinks in the Sweeney Tavern and then called it a night.

During the night I heard creaks all up and down the back staircase right outside our room that sounded like footsteps, even though there was no one out there. Whether it was the wind, the house settling, or something paranormal I don't know, but it did creep me out a bit. I got up around 2:30 in the morning to use the bathroom and I noticed that the toy cradle on the floor of our bathroom with the baby doll in it was rocking by itself. This scared me quite a bit, I nearly came out of my skin. The last creepy thing that happened was shortly before dawn. I has sleeping on my side with my back to my husband when I heard footsteps right next to his side of the bed. Thinking he had gotten up I rolled over to talk to him, only to find him sleeping soundly in the bed next to me. Needless to say, when we finally got up for breakfast around 9 AM, I was exhausted.

Breakfast was very good, we both had eggs with home fries, toast, and bacon. Our waitress was very good as well.

One of my complaints is that the shower in our room didn't work. Literally nothing happened when you turned on the faucet. So we didn't get to take showers in the morning before we checked out. Also, since the inn is so old, the walls are PAPER THIN which means the room was very chilly during the night and we could very clearly hear the guests in other rooms. This was fine, except for the drunken couple in the room across the hallway who laughed and talked loudly until well after midnight. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay and would definitely come back.

Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank michelle_p630
Greenville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

stayed at farns worth in jennie wade room food was good everyone was friendly room was clean some of these negative reviews almost diswaided me not to go but i am very glad that i went anyways if you go i highly recommended the ghost tour it gives you historical info and the spooky ghost stuff too!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ftc3495
south jersey, nj
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

We rented out all 5 bedrooms in main house for the weekend for my neices 16 birthday. Had a great time, since we were all together, and the staff we saw were very nice. The horror; however comes from the incredibly cluttered rooms filled with an overload of (some very rediculous) decorations. They are all incredibly dusty and dirty. My allergies were terrible all weekend. Also, the heat was not working at all. Ice cold radiators all weekend. Staff were informed and reproted they would tell the owner, but nothing ever done about it. I suspect that the owner knows this already since there are small plug in heaters about the size of a shoe box in every room. They made it somewhat bearable, but I didn't feel warm until i got home. Pretty claw foot tubs in every room, but the shower curtains are way too long so you are standing on them (disgusting and unsanitary) in several of the rooms. Heard some interesting sounds, and again, had fun all together scaring each other, but would never recomend this Inn until they clean up and get heat!!

Room Tip: McFarlane room has the most activity and sounds, as well as the sarah Black room. The Eisenhower roo...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank bamcalli
Merrickville Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2012

My wife and I have been here many times over the past several years, staying in every room up stairs. The Farnsworth was our first experience with " haunted hotels " and we now seek them out when ever we travel. When imposible things happen repeatedly it really gets your attention! Jeremy, the little boy ghost is responsable for most of the pranks, and has interacted with us many times. We will always return to our friends ,both living and " dead ", as the Farnsworth House as they welcome us warmly.

Room Tip: Most haunted room is the Schoultz Room in our opinion
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends