New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Gettysburg
Racine, Wisconsin
“Somewhat Lacking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

Pros: convenient to Gettysburg National Park, comfortable, clean, and easy to find.

Cons: there were 3 people checking in (king + sofa bed) but there were no sheets for the sofa. After calling down for some, we got only two sheets, no actual blanket and no extra pillow. Breakfast sucked!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank jjdd18
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Martinsburg, West Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

We spent 2 nights here, Friday and Saturday night. The rooms weren't bad. Pillows were flat and refridgerator didn't work very well. Walls are paper thin. The "breakfast" is just one plastic container with doughnuts in it. We will never return because of the partying, screaming, and drinking in the parking lot both nights with about 15 people.They stood right in front of other guests doors. It lasted until 4 am first night and 3:30 am next night. I tried continuously to call the front desk. The phone just rang off the hook. Not even an answering machine. They just ignored it. My husband went out the first night and told them people were trying to sleep. We heard many other guests screaming out to them to be quiet or go somewhere else to party. They just did what they wanted and management or employees never came out. They had to hear it because everyone else staying there was coming out and trying to get them to stop. If they were afraid to confront them, they could have called the police out and let them handle it. Do something, not nothing. It's a hotel to sleep, not a party place that late into the night and next morning.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Gettysburg hotels

Escanaba, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

Two week road trip, 3,000 miles and 15 nights in motels. This property ranked right near the top in our "customer satisfaction"- getting good value for the dollars we pay. You can get a fancier property in Gettysburg, but you will pay considerably more. Our AARP discount came thru again.

Good size room, but smaller bathroom (door barely cleared the sink). We booked a king plus pull out couch for the three of us and I had to go to the desk to get the sheets, pillow, blanket plus extra towel set for our daughter. Wifi worked fine, nice flat screen tv, frig, microwave and the room was very clean. Don't count on much more than coffee and a sweet roll for the continental breakfast. We used Perkins just down the road for breakfast. We highly recommend the Gettysburg Family Restaurant in the mall just down the road the other way- good old fashioned home cooking!!

Room Tip: Request a ground floor room (exterior entry rooms)
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
WAYNE
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2011

I fully expect to get what I pay for whether it be shoes or a motel room and I don’t mind to pay good money for a good product. We paid GOOD money, but certainly did not get a good product. We live in West Virginia and made a spur-of-the-moment decision to go to Antietam and Gettysburg. This was our first trip to both battlefields and loved the history and solemnity of both. We have stayed at Econolodge motels previously so we know this chain is not top of the line, but, then, we didn’t need a top-of-the line motel. Our stay consisted of Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday night. Many hotels in the area were sold out, but the Econolodge had vacancies for all three nights. The front desk clerk could barely speak English. My husband couldn’t understand her at all so I had to interpret. She quoted $58 for Thursday, $89 for Friday and $109 for Saturday (twice the Thursday rate). The exhorbitant rate for Saturday was being charged because it was a “college weekend” – at least I THINK that’s what she said. I hate being gouged so I suggested going somewhere else, but my husband was tired after driving 6-1/2 hours and touring Antietam earlier in the day, so we decided to stay. Our room was on the second floor and was clean, though it had a musty smell. There was a microwave and a refrigerator which were nice. The television had very few channels so the selection there was disappointing. The shower was better than nothing, the water was barely warm and the pressure was barely more than a trickle. The bathroom sink drained very slowly. The continental breakfast consisted of muffins and coffee. I expected a better breakfast for my $109. Luckily, there is a Mcdonald’s right down the street. The walls were very thin and we could hear everything going on the next room. My room was worth $58, not $109. We checked out around 6:00 a.m. as we had a 7-hour drive ahead of us. There was no one at the front desk so my husband rang the bell. A man came and took the keys, but did not print out a receipt (but my husband didn’t ask for one, either). I would stay here again for $58 a night, but if I’m going to pay $109 a night, I will pay to stay in a nicer place with hot water and a decent breakfast.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
GLEN BURNIE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2011

As a person who spends a lot of weekends traveling to different states and shopping with friends, I am used to staying in some of the "cheaper" hotels which are not always the best in the world. Well I have nothing but wonderful things to say about my experience this past weekend at this hotel. The rooms were spacious, smelled wonderful, bathrooms were clean with plenty of towels. I was pleasantly surprised to find a microwave AND refrigerator in my room because on numerous occasions they were advertised but not provided at other locations. Bedding was soft and comfortable - in fact the bed was better then what I have at home. The rate was very reasonable and I will definitely be back again. Its worth traveling a little out of my way to stay at this location the next time I am in PA.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends