“Great location in happening area”

The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square
Ranked #31 of 88 Hotels in Philadelphia
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Enjoyed my two night stay here in March over St. Patrick's Day Weekend (and I don't think I'll be returning to Philly for the same holiday because loud college students aren't really my crowd). The rooms are modern, beautiful and great, though my standard room was lacking in views. (We faced the wall of another building.) The fitness rooms had all the treadmills you could want though could have used more weights. The hallways and elevator look, feel and probably are as old as the hotel. When I checked-in late at night, I was disappointed at the front desk's service. I was so tired from traveling for two hours I got irritated when the check-in person decided to give her co-worker directions. Paid $115/night plus tax via Priceline's bidding system. Just saw today that Google offers has a deal for $129/night for July to September.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank sukiyaki11
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Dear Guest: Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with me. Please let us know when your travel plans might bring you back to Philadelphia so we can upgrade your room and provide a city view. Thanks again - Joanne Cunningham

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed here for the first time in years because the price was much better than the Rittenhouse. It's a legendary Philly hotel and the location is primeo. Unfortunately, someone forgot to tell the front desk they work for a prestigous hotel. Upon checking in the front desk clerk acknowledged my profile requested that I be away from the elevators, vending machines, etc. and I confirmed as such. After receiving my room key and exiting the elevator, I found my room was exactly between the elevator and the vending machine! So went back downstairs to make sure there wasn't some miscommunication and worked with a different clerk to get me a different room. After receiving the key and getting off the elevator, I was indeed far away from the noisemakers, however, was surprised when I opened the the hotel door. Someone had already thrown their clothes around the room and he was sitting there watching tv. Not sure which of us was more surprised/embarassed. Needless to say it was an awkward situation. When the two clerks saw me get off the elevator, they showed little reaction. It was like - whatever. I asked to speak with the manager and explained to him because of the ineptitude of the two clerks I still didn't have a room and was now running late for a client dinner. He addressed the situation and upgraded my room which I appreciated, but will definitely think twice about returning.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JulesVerneJr

Dear Guest: Thank you for sharing the insight about your recent stay. I am very disheartened to hear about the check in situation you experienced. Should your travel plans bring you back to Philadelphia I would appreicate the opportunity to make it right with you. Please feel free to contact me. Thank you. Joanne Cunningham

Reviewed 13 April 2012

We just stayed three nights at this hotel. Outside of its super location, we found little to recommend it. Both of the beds in our room sank toward the middle and when I sat at the end of one of them, the other end reared up. The curtains didn't close and the only way to ensure privacy was to pull down "50's type shades" and secure them with our shoes...otherwise they flew up. There was a quarter inch gap at the top of the door so light and sound from the hall had no trouble traveling into the room. We would have checked out after the first night, but, alas we had prepaid. Important lesson learned.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank virginiatraveler9
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I have stayed elsewhere on previous trips to Philadelphia, but I was attracted by the great value and was not disappointed. I stayed on the club floor, with a king-sized sleep number bed, robe and slippers, free internet, a large desk and excellent lighting (although that bedside lamp buzzed something awful!). The room was well maintained and clean, with comfortable chairs. Included in the price of the room was a generous and delicious lay-out at snack time (5-7), including shrimp, tapenade, crackers and cheese, satay, tomatoes and cheese, and other snack food such as nuts and chips. Wine and beer were also complimentary, and there was hard liquor for purchase. For breakfast, there was again a great lay-out, with a variety of muffins and bread, oatmeal and toppings, a vegetable frittata, coffee, juice, fresh fruit, etc. The other offering, which I missed, was dessert from 7-8 pm. The timing on this should be extended, as I didn't get back from dinner until 8:30. I didn't go over to the club room at that time, so I'm not sure if the dessert was still available. Hotel service was very efficient, friendly and helpful, and I would stay there again. The location was great - one block from Rittenhouse Square, close to great restaurants like Alma de Cuba on Walnut near 17th, and within walking distance of the Art Museum and Avenue of the Arts theaters. I would steer clear of the rooms right in front of the elevator as I could easily hear the elevators ringing as they arrived and the people talking while waiting for them. Also, the bathroom was quite small, but for short stays it shouldn't be a problem. All in all, a good place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lovetakingtrains
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We had a two-night stay that included a good buffet breakfast, and our stay was very pleasant.
You're right in the middle of restaurants and shops, near the beautiful Rittenhouse Square,
and the hotel has an elegance associated with tradition and comfort. Indeed, it was quite
comfortable, though our remote controlling the firmness of the mattress didn't work, and the
bathroom was a bit small. Everything was clean and in the right place; linens were spotless
and the staff friendly.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Joanne-1Hotel, General Manager at The Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Dear Nan791,
Thank you for the review you posted on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the time you took to write about your experience. Enjoy the rest of your week and we hope to see you again soon.

Joanne Cunningham