“Great vibes, music, and food!”

South Kitchen & Jazz Parlor
Reserve with OpenTable
South Kitchen & Jazz Parlor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #168 of 5,035 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I decided to check out this restaurant on a Friday night. We made reservations a couple day prior. As soon as we walked in, I was amazed at the ambiance! They have a restaurant area away from the where the jazz band plays for more intimate and quiet settings and they have a room specifically for the jazz band that you can sit in as well. We chose to sit in the jazz parlor. It was packed but we didn't wait long to be seated, we just sat at the bar while we waited. The hostess was super nice and she accommodated our request to sit at a booth. We weren't too close to the stage and weren't too far, it was perfect enough to see everything! The jazz band who played, were out of this world! The music was so soothing and we enjoyed every bit of it. We ordered pretty much everything and loved every single thing lol. Please try the cornbread! You won't regret it! If your looking for a romantic jazz spot, you have to check this place out!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

My daughter surprised us all with gift certificates and a family holiday celebration at South. As always, the food was wonderful and the jazz simply superb! I can’t resist the catfish entree even when I attempt to try something new. The up front seats and cozy atmosphere makes it seem like the singer and band are just there for you. If I lived in Center City Philadelphia, I’d probably eat at South every night. The Bynum Brothers have done it again!

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Our 1st visit to SOUTH and what a an experience! We enjoyed great southern food from hush puppies to New Orleans style duck gumbo and watched an amazing Latin jazz show performed by Pablo Batista!! The parlor is very intimate and the staff was exceptional. We plan to return again and highly recommend!

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

I wanted to enjoy this place so much since I have been to Relish and Warm Daddy’s and enjoyed both. I’ve been to SOUTH one other time for a small birthday celebration and enjoyed it but this time was disappointing. I was hosting a group happy hour and started trying to contact them a month in advance. I sent an email on the website. I called and left several messages with the morning host. I got the email address of the reservations manager (Ms. Sarnoor) and messaged her directly. I never got a response. On the day of I came early and spoke to the manager. She acknowledged that she had received my messages but stated she had been busy (for a whole month) and never got back to me. She said that after the tables seated in the lounge got up, we could have them and that we would be “well taken care of” This never happened. A table got up and two women who came in after I did were seated. I spoke to the host who told me that Ms. Sarnoor had never talked to her about giving us the next lounge tables. When we finally were seated the service was awful. We had a young lady with red hair who kept forgetting our food orders and confusing our drink orders. My group requested that next time we go back to the last venue or to somewhere new because the service was honestly terrible. I would try the main dining room with a dinner reservation but will never again hold an event there.

Reviewed 7 February 2018

Terrific Music and Food. Tuesday nights is devoted to local artists sitting in the audience and invited to play with equally talented Jazz musicians on stage. Highly entertaining and refreshing that this venue exists. Excellent happy hour drink and food menu-great value.