Inn Between Bed & Breakfast
Sonesta Philadelphia Downtown(Philadelphia)
US$ 232
US$ 207
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District(Philadelphia)(Great Value!)
US$ 234
US$ 270
US$ 213
Loews Hotels
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 January 2015

I rented a room through the host, Ana, for a friend of mine who just arrived to the Philadelphia area. They immediately commented on how nice the accommodation and location was and had a very comfortable two week stay. However, as the title of my review implies, the high rating is about much more than the room or house itself. My friend became quite sick during his stay, and if it were not for Ana's support, he might not have made it through. She went above and beyond any expectations anyone would have in this type of situation, and I will be forever grateful to her. Not only it this a very nice accommodation, Ana is the type of person who makes me remember there really are angels among us, even though they can be hard to spot in this day and age.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank Ashley R
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I really enjoyed my stay! This is a quaint home located in an adorable neighborhood near Baltimore Avenue which is buzzing with sidewalk cafes and lots of people! I always felt safe walking to and from public transportation stops even in the evening. I stayed in the Writer's Choice bedroom which is located on the 4th floor of the house. Make no mistake, this is Miss Ana's home which she shares with two beautiful and friendly cats. She does a fine job of making you feel welcomed. For example, had Shakespeare in the Park been the weekend I was there, she offered to lend me a blanket so I could watch in the park with community. Now, the Inn may not pass a white glove inspection as you might subject the local chain hotel, but it's warm, lovely and safe and offers a unique glimpse into the community as only B&Bs can. The continental breakfast is always a pleasure. Miss Ana is ever so helpful at sorting out public transportation and directions to various locations. Her restaurant recommendations proved superb! If I return to Philadelphia, I'd definitely return!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank rudyv3
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We were able to stay at the B&B for two nights during a cold spell. The rooms were extremely comfortable and warm. The dark cherry woodwork was exquisite and the building had great charm. Ana, the innkeeper, was exceptional. She was more than accommodating to our needs and she is such a unique individual. She made us feel that it was "our" home and three of us felt like we were staying with family (that we like). The rooms were clean and a large selection of towels and toiletries were available. The breakfast was tasty and filling. Her coffee was exceptional. Ana also opened up her large parlor for us to sit down and be comfortable.
The bathroom had the old type large tub and a make shift shower, which I was first concerned about. However, the water pressure and temperature was fantastic....The only warning is ..that it is a large step out of the tub back to the floor.
The neighborhood was quiet and safe. We were able to find parking and it is free in the neighborhood on the weekends. (this was a real bonus and hard to find in the Philly area)
I strongly recommend the Lebanese restaurant, in close waking distance, called Manakeesh. It has crepes, pizzas, desserts and special teas, that is rated in one of the finest in the City. It was very easy to hail down a cab at the end of the block and we were minutes away from any part of the City.
I look forward to returning to this place and enjoying sitting on the front porch and relaxing and sharing a conversation with Ana. You will not be disappointed......

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tom B
Reviewed 23 June 2013

We were able to get the top story suite on short notice and enjoyed this place very much. The house is very cool and I loved the decorations. The room was clean, the bathroom was clean, and it has a great front porch where you can relax and watch the world go by. The location was also good, especially if you have a car, but there are also parks and restaurants nearby. Ana was very nice and very accommodating, putting in a/c and even buying a fan for us upon request. Yes (in view of the others review here) this place is not a 5-star luxury hotel, but I'd think that when you're staying in a bed and breakfast you prefer something a little but more authentic and eclectic. It was like going back in time, in a good sense. No complaints here.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed 22 June 2013

An unanticipated treat... Close to transportation, lovely hostess, accommodated my food allergies, and just beautiful as it is restored to its former glory....original stained glass windows, spectacular molding, interesting Asian accents. Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business