“Great Tasting Pizza for a Great Cause”
Review of Rosa's Fresh Pizza

Rosa's Fresh Pizza
Ranked #297 of 5,099 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

Saw this place on TV and knew we had to go when in town. Walked about a quarter mile from our hotel to this place. Construction going on all around. Went in, ordered a whole pie (8 slices) for takeout, and another pie for the cause. If you don't know, you can buy a slice for a homeless person or someone down on luck and hungry. Waited as they create the masterpiece. A simple cheese pizza with a crunchy thin crust, great sauce, and mozzarella cheese. Perfection. A sign reads that they will only give out the free slices to the less fortunate between 11 am and 1145 am. The rest of the time is for the paying customers. This particular day, I was told they gave out over 150 slices in a 45 minute window. That's like 20 pies. Astounding.
A young mother walks in with her baby, and asked for a slice. It's about 1230 pm. The gentlemen at the counter points to the sign that reads the rule.... She leaves, hungry for today. I ask my wife to go get her, woman to woman, mother to mother and have her come back. She's eating lunch on us today. I explain to the cashier that he could separate 2 slices from our pie and please allow the young mother to eat. If not on them, because of the rule, then definitely on us. He slices 2 pieces and delivers them up. Meanwhile the pizza is out of the oven. He delivers the box to us, and we leave. When we return to our hotel, we discover that we were given a whole pie, not one with 2 slices missing. I guess I didn't expect that kind treatment for those who hit a hard patch in life. These guys are definitely a blessing for this neighborhood and the people that live in it.

Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

Fresh pizza. Done Simple. No Fuss.

Mason, the owner & creator of Rosa's, is an AWESOMMMMMEEEEEE dude who had an ingenious idea, and watched it grow!

The atmosphere is always warm & welcoming. The customer service is top notch! After a day in Center City, Rosa's is the perfect 'slice' of the day!

Reviewed 28 June 2016

the line was long, the place was stuffy and the pizza did not look very good. the concept and idealism is good, but i would not go out of my way to visit.

Reviewed 10 May 2016

This is your basic small pizza shop that delivers a powerful message along with a really good pizza. When you eat here you embrace the love that is being paid forward as you pay for a slice of pizza for those that are less fortunate. The thin slice pizza here is absolutely delicious, can't just eat one slice.

Reviewed 29 February 2016

I read about this Rosa's before I left Australia and was determined to visit. Absolutely NOT disappointed. Pizza is a dollar a slice and pay another dollar and a pizza for the less fortunate. Rosa's commitment to the homeless is reaching globally. I strongly urge visitors to the beautiful Philadelphia to make a bee-line have a bite. We need more places likes this globally.