All reviews wells fargo center sports complex lincoln financial field security gate citizens bank park sporting events urban outfitters xfinity live minute walk philly sports hockey game within walking distance attending a concert broad street easy access hotel is located nice hotel
Reviewed 9 April 2018

I recently stayed one night at the Courtyard by Marriott Philly South at The Navy Yard. I choose this hotel due to both its proximity to 30th Street Station and to the Marine Terminal Port where my morning meetings were. Location wise the hotel is great because it is close to downtown, the stadiums, and even the airport. The the location is inside the Navy yard so security is good and it is much safer to walk around at night versus around the airport Upon arrival there was plenty of free parking and my check-in was very friendly. There was a bit of a wait to check in and it would be nice if they had something faster for those who did a mobile check in. I was quickly off to my room and found I was upgraded to a suite due to my Platinum status which was great! I just wish I was staying longer to enjoy it! The suite was huge, modern and clean. There was a nice large sitting area with a wet bar and big TV. The bedroom was also large with lots of windows and another TV. And lastly the bathroom had a good shower and was also clean. One tiny issue is the towels are very thin and scratchy.
Overall I slept great as the bed was comfy. From a work standpoint, the hotel gets it right with plenty of outlets in the right spots and fast wifi.
In the morning I had breakfast in the restaurant (which if you don't know Courtyards, it isn't free, so don't complaint about that), but it was good. It's the standard Courtyard menu and I really like the Egg White Frittata as its healthy and filling.
Overall this was a great stay and I will absolutely stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ChewInRI
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Probably the best hotel I've stayed in for comfort, staff friendliness and location to sporting facilities. Short walk to Wells Fargo, Phillies and Lincoln Field. $15 Uber to the city. You can't go wrong.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Nice, clean, comfortable and quiet hotel. The front desk clerk who signed us in (Sherry) was very professional, efficient and personable. She helped us several times. Please give her a raise! The restaurant food was terrible. Pre packaged heated up food. Limited menu. After a long day of travelling, it would have been nice to have a good meal. Will not eat there again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Rose R
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Hotel is located at the Navy yard. Clean, modern & is really set standard for a Marriott hotel. Beautiful interiors and most importantly, bed is comfortable. The staff is very friendly too. Will definitely go back.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

The hotel was just a short 10-15 minute walk away from the stadiums. We were in town to see the sixers, but the eagles and Phillies stadium are also in the same area. Free parking at the hotel too, but breakfast isn’t included. When we were checking in though, there was a very long wait. There were two people working, but one person was kinda causing a scene over price...eventually when it was our turn the front desk agent offered us any item for free from their market which I thought was nice. Room was spacious- we got the king bed w/ sofa. Bathroom came with Paul Mitchell amenities, stand up shower, and a big mirror which was backlit (perfect lighting for doing your make up)! The only thing I didn’t like were the pillows. They ended up hurting my neck and of course all four pillows were the same. I had to sleep on a folded up hoodie. The fitted sheet had a spot near the foot of the bed that was stained.

Date of stay: March 2018