“Top notch”

Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Bella Vista / Queen Village
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

No trip to Philly is complete without a purchase of a Cheesesteak. I hadn't gotten a chance to get a good one...so before my flight I stopped at Geno's and was pleasantly surprised. It was the tastiest meat filled Philly Cheesesteak I had ever. I also got the huge cup of fries.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

OK, so this is an on-going rival of Pat's Steaks which is on the opposite corner. Not a Food Network viewer but my son said we had to try it. What I can say is they're not that great for the price; sandwiches, fries, and drinks for four of us was over $60. The meat lacks flavor and it's just one of those things where you say I tried it.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

Food was good, service was fast went there as a tourist dare. Just think of it as a fast food cheesesteak shack that tourist put on there bucket list, its good just not great.

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

I was not impressed by the Geno's cheese steak. Not a whole lot of steak more bun than filling.The cheese is just on top not melted very well. Did not have the time to have one across the street. But my brother has and he said it was slightly better. I am from the North Shore Boston...we chop up the ribeye and pull out some bread from the bun so the steak can fit. The cheese is folded into the steak as it is "stuffed" into the bun. I would also think that the two "Famous" Pats' and Ginos could pay a couple of people to keep the area cleaned up.

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

The quality of the meat is not the best, the meat without flavor, the normal place as a fast food. Overall a normal place to eat.