“Salad and a Pizza”

La Fourno Ristorante - Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
La Fourno Ristorante - Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #250 of 5,099 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: City Centre East
Cross street: 7th Street
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

We just happen to stroll in on a Saturday afternoon. The place was empty but charming. The server was great. We had a delicious Antipasto Salad and split the fra Diavolo pizza. The pizza had a light crispy crust and was just the right size to share. We give 2 thumbs up.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

We were in the neighborhood, walking on South Street and thought we’d give La Fourno a try. Without reservations on a Saturday night, we only waited a few minutes. We started with grilled veggies in a balsamic reduction- absolutely delicious, Sahara Dates special-what a treat, Caesar salad- a little too much dressing, and the soup was good too! Then for dinner: eggplant parmigiana- thinly sliced, yummy! Chicken with sausage and mushrooms in a balsamic reduction- another hit! Two different personal pizzas- each the size of a large dinner plate. (Personal for two persons)Thin crust, even better. They were really good! We had no room for dessert. We’d absolutely return.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

12 tables in a modern Italian décor with attentive wait staff. I sat at the Tara and Jason table; they eat here regularly.

I ordered the Espresso Mocha – it was smooth. Great drink to have if you are going out clubbing later.
I had one of the specials – Tilapia with fresh linguine and a side order of spinach.
The tilapia was lightly breaded and by far the star of the plate. The pasta was properly cooked and the spinach was scrumptious.
La Fourno dessert was bellissimo! Kudos to the Chef for everything I ate!

Reviewed 16 October 2017

My wife and a veal & sage ravioli which she is still talking about. Daughter-in-law had baked rigatoni with Al's mama meatball which she raved about. Son had shrimp risotto which I noticed he ate with gusto and I had a simple capellini with olive oil & garlic. All of the pasta seemed to be homemade as it was delicious and perfectly prepared.

If you want walk around the neighborhood and take in tattoo parlors, adult entertainment stores. and a variety of ethnic restaurants. It appears that the area is being gentrified and still very eclectic. Reminded me of Olde Town in Chicago back in the 60's

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

My nephews and I used to be regulars but haven't been there as much recently. The food and service remain top notch. Were all a big fan of the mussels.