“High Expectations Exceeded”

Ranked #1 of 5,035 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$ 21 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Giovanni and Concetta Varallo are honored to welcome you to RISTORANTE PESTO. Our meals are prepared in the finest Authentic Italian Tradition, using only the freshest, highest quality ingredients available. Chef Giovanni Varallo's and Chef Maria Varallo-Facenda's care, dedication and attention to detail transform every dish into a work of art. We hope your stay with us is a "Dining Experience."
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Our family of 5 plus grandma spent the day in Philadelphia and ended the night here. We had read up here and elsewhere so we were excited about the meal. They happily accomodated the six of us, including three children from 5 - 11. From the minute we were greeted we knew that it was going to be special. You just have to walk in the door and you will understand.
The food was incredible from appetizers to dessert. We loved it all. They made sure that the kids were happy with their choices. The cavatelli is a must have. Dessert was incredible, especially the Creme Brulee. The cappacuinno is world class.
The best compliment I can give, is that we knew we were making a memory before the meal was complete. Come check out what happens when a husband and wife team up and follow their passion. It's a special place and we were blessed to expierence it. Thank you Concetta, we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Took the family out on 08/12 for my sons birthday. The atmosphere, the service, and the food was impeccable. what a great find! Thank you Concetta and staff for such a great experience. We'll be sure to come back and recommend Pesto to our friends.

Stu and Lisa S.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

Had an excellent dinner their Thursday night. Concetta, one of the owners, stopped by the table, and added a wonderful conversation as well.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

My family was in town for my daughter’s White Coat Ceremony for grad school and I chose this place from the awesome reviews I read on Trip Advisor. In all the hustle and bustle of the day I forgot to call and add another person to our reservation and when I showed up they happily seated us by just adding another seat to a table. The food was delicious and the waitstaff was friendly as was the owner who came by to check on us. We received several free dishes on the house and felt SO welcomed there! Will return again for sure the next time I return to Philly! Don’t overlook this place!

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Had dinner with my fav nephew and his wife. Pesto was recommended by my brother and since I grew up not far from here I thought I would give it a try. I’m a Jersey girl now and there are plenty of Italian restaurants in south jersey. However, this is the real thing. From the moment we walked in the door until we left we felt like family. Our waitress didn’t read off the specials. She knew everything by memory. A lovely lady. Delicious bread. Even a few slices of corn bread. Then it all began. Chicken soup. Shrimp appetizer wrapped in a delicious flaky crust. Cold cooked carrots in a balsamic dressing. I wanted to bring some home! A complimentary bruschetta on crusty bread. We had two fish dishes and a chicken dish to die for. Every morsel more tasty than the other. String beans with spectacular seasoning. Who talks about string beans and carrots? I do when not only the main dishes are excellent but also the sides. We topped off dinner with a delicious dessert and, wait, the most delicious cup of coffee. The aroma of the coffee was truly heavenly. The owner stopped by to make sure everything was fine. Not once did our waitress become intrusive. She knew exactly when we needed something and never interrupted our conversations. You must make a reservation. It’s a ‘must do’ on your list of truly authentic Italian restaurants. Kiddos to the owners for a delicious meal!!

1  Thank TeriPugh