“Great Pizza - Order Ahead”
Review of Tacconelli's Pizza

Tacconelli's Pizza
Ranked #369 of 4,649 Restaurants in Philadelphia
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2016

Really good classic thin-crush pizza. Simple and delicious. BYO. Great for a night out with some friends or otherwise. Really comfortable and down-to-Earth. Enjoy the pizza. Just remember to save your dough by calling a few nights ahead of when you're coming in!

Reviewed 28 June 2016

My family grew up on Tacconelli's and now my children all love this pizza parlor. Their pizza's are awesome. We love that it is a family business. Very homey and comfortable.

1  Thank HQuinn2013
Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

My husband and I make sure to stop here every time we are back in philly! We both love their sausage - I get the white pie with spinach and sausage - it is the best!

1  Thank Stephanie_wino
Reviewed 25 June 2016

You have to order your dough ahead of time, you can't just walk in and it's cash only. Those things aside, it's legitimately the greatest pizza I've ever eaten. My family goes there for almost every birthday, and always have. I put away 7 slices most recently. So much garlic, so much deliciousness. It'll keep the vampires away for a while!

1  Thank mitchlamb111
Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

Yesterday I revisited a Philadelphia Gem. I forgot how amazing this iconic North Philadelphia Pizzeria is. To celebrate a graduation I and 6 others sat down for some serious pizza eating. In the Tacconnelli's tradition we brought our own salad, booze, and dessert. Their job is to supply the pizza and boy what a job they do. I have traveled far and wide and enjoyed pizza from New York to Venice and the Tacconnelli family's original place in Port Richmond, Phila sets a standard for pizza that transcends all other pies. All of us ate 6-7 normal size slices of pure delight and could have eaten more. Their oven creates a perfect light crispy crust, that is adorned with perfect tomato sauce and toppings if your choice. My favorites are their Margherita pie and their white pie with spinach and crushed tomatoes. When visiting Philadelphia put this place on your lists of musts. Pure ecstasy!

1  Thank Ira S