“Wonderful!”

Cornerstone Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 25 Philadelphia B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 January 2012

My "special friend" and I stayed at The Cornerstone this weekend while visiting his friends in Philly for NYE. Not only is the B&B beatitful and immaculately-maintained but the proprietors are extremely amiable. We had the University Suite, which was huge and gorgeous and made me wish we were there for more than one day. I would recommend this B&B for couples or families and hope to visit for a longer period of time again in the future.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pamela-Cleo G

Reviewed 1 January 2012

This was my second stay at Cornerstone. In June I visited here with my puppy in tow and we had a wonderful stay. We were both made to feel welcome, had a lovely room and bath, excellent location and lovely continental breakfast.

This trip was a sudden trip to see my Physician at the University of Pennsylvania. Quite unexpectedly I was hospitalized on an emergency basis. Dennis took care of all of my things and put me in a ground floor room when I returned. Anything I needed assistance with, he and Liz saw to it that I had their help. It was the next best thing to being at home, maybe even better.

New Years Day breakfast was a delicious start to the New Year. Really made the hospital food look atrocious. Other guests were charming and offered a delightful diversion.

This B & B is a gorgeous old mansion that has been carefully restored while maintaining all the charm of the original building but with modern conveniences. For a female traveling solo it also offers the additional advantage of feeling very safe and secure.

This will certainly be my home away from home when I travel to Philadelphia!

Room Tip: I love the Philadelphia Room on the first floor. It is bright, spacious, and close to the front doo...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Peggy R
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We were looking for a location in Philadelphia with a warm and comfortable feel to have an open house in memory of our Mom who recently passed away. We were born and raised in Philadelphia and it was always a place with wonderful shared memories before we married and moved around the country. Dennis and Liz couldn't have been nicer when we asked if they would be able to accomodate us. They went out of their way to make us feel at home and accomodate our every need. The Cornerstone was the perfect place to welcome family and old friends. The decor was lovely -- so warm and inviting as it was decorated for the holidays. If you are looking for new, modern and sleek, this is not the place for you. On the other hand, if you love a place that is oozing with charm with character, beautiful stained glass windows, beautifully carved wood trim, and friendly inn keepers....look no farther!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank bergenplanner
Reviewed 14 December 2011

The Cornerstone offers great service as well as a very friendly staff. Dennis went out of his way to be very helpful, and if you needed anything special he would handle it. Plus Milo (the dog) will be happy to put on a show for you. This was my first B&B experience, I hope other B&B's I go to are this great.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank kelly k
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Very nice, charming, and comfortable Inn. Lovely owners. Wonderful breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family