“Amazing. Some of the creamiest ice cream I have ever had”
Review of Bassetts Ice Cream

Bassetts Ice Cream
Ranked #3 of 109 Dessert in Philadelphia
Reviewed 29 August 2016

I got the cookies and cream with fudge on it. It was delicious! I had to go back and get it again the next day! The hot fudge is good too. My kids and I liked this ice cream better than the Franklin Fountain. Lines are long and it takes time but it is worth the wait. My son got a moose tracks milkshake and while very tasty, it had all the candy at the bottom not mixed up.
I would say go with a few scoops of ice cream instead. People that work here are very nice and do a great job. We can't wait to go back to Philly and get another fix.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

My son said it was the best ice cream he'd ever had. Period!
Very creamy.
Also accomodating with food allergies.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

Really good ice cream here, they do some retail in local stores. A deli near me in NE Philly sells pints. It's worth looking for if you don't want to go to downtown.

Reviewed 27 August 2016

Everyone in our group liked the ice cream and though it was very good. The colors and textures were excellent. Flavors we tried included cinnamon and green tea. The cinnamon is very good, but if you like your cinnamon flavors to hit you with the intensity of an Atomic Fireball, you'll be craving more cinnamon.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

This place has been selling ice cream for many years, and I have gone there for ice cream over fifty years. It never seems to change and is always excellent ice cream. Often crowded, too. I recommend the dark chocolate chip, as it is great and often not available elsewhere.