2,252 results
All reviews convention center homeless people across the street free breakfast reading terminal market breakfast staff self parking the breakfast area within walking distance hot breakfast liberty bell few blocks front desk staff flower show convenient location yogurt independence hall
Reviewed 9 February 2016

The hotel is right downtown, so it is convenient to public transportation and taxis.
The place is clean and modern - well-lit and safe and there is a free breakfast bar, which I enjoy. The staff was friendly and accommodating but I did have to follow up on my request for a refrigerator several times and I had an issue with my key not working. There is a bar that serves food, but not a full restaurant, which is too bad because there is not much directly around the hotel and the area is a bit desolate. To walk to Reading Terminal Market or a restaurant nearby, one has to walk through the convention center, which is like a tunnel with vagrants hunkering down. It was fine, but not the place to stay if you like to wander about in the city at night.

Room tip: Do not stay by the elevator or vending areas. People were congregating there during m,y entire stay.
Date of stay: September 2015
Reviewed 4 February 2016

My wife and I stayed at this Hampton Inn because she had surgery at the Hospital just down the block in the morning. Hampton Inn could not have been a better experience. The staff was very kind and eager to serve. The room was modern and very well kept. We're glad we chose Hampton Inn.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2016

I stayed with my sisters and we had a really nice time. The location is great for the Septa Train. We really enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. It was nice that we could get two double rooms with a connecting door. That is not normal.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 February 2016

I decided to stay at the Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City- Convention Center when I was presenting workshops at the National Science Teachers Association Conference. I had initially reserved a room with a refrigerator and a microwave oven since I have many food allergies, and I would be bringing my own food to Philadelphia. When I arrived that evening, there seemed to be a missed communication between the person who took my reservation and the hotel. The room they had assigned me did not contain the needed refrigerator nor the microwave. Nevertheless, the hotel immediately listened to my concerns, and they were able to upgrade me to a suite with the needed supplies They generously did not charge me the extra fee for the larger accommodations. I was so grateful for their understanding and the speedy way they remedied the situation. My entire stay at the Hampton Inn was pleasant and comfortable. The room was clean and neat, and the staff were helpful and polite. As a result of my experience, I would not hesitate to return to the same hotel.

Date of stay: November 2015
Reviewed 1 February 2016

1st room I stayed in had a dirty toilet. Second room I stayed in during the same week had a sticky bathroom floor. The cleaning person they came tried 2 different methods to clean it: there was some improvement, but still sticky after it dried. Beds and pillows were very comfortable and made up with fresh bedding each day. Room was otherwise ok, but not spectacular.

Date of stay: January 2016