“Great Mexican food, and good service.”
Review of Distrito

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: University City
Cross street: 40th
Transit: By train the Market-Frankfort Line stops at 40th & Market. By Bus, the 21 line runs down Chestnut street & stops at 40th Street. The 30 line runs up Market to 40th Street.
Description: Distrito is a vibrant celebration of the culture and cuisine of Mexico City with a menu focused on the diverse street foods served in what is known by locals as the Distrito Federal (D.F.). Distrito Tacqueria is our first-floor casual eatery featuring an approachable menu by Chef Jose Garces. Distrito offers a full bar featuring signature margaritas, over 250 tequilas and beer towers festooned with sugar skulls holding over 128 ounces of beer. The second-level dining room is a lively backdrop for Chef Garces’ modern Mexican small plates. Styled in pinks and greens, the restaurant features more than 600 hanging masks of Mexico’s Lucha Libre - and a four seat booth fashioned from an authentic VW Beetle, the official taxi cab of the D.F. Private Parties: Distrito welcomes groups of all sizes. Events can be booked throughout the restaurant and in our private dining rooms seven days a week.
Reviewed 9 June 2017

We had a good sized group of family members 8 folks including two youngsters. Everyone enjoyed their food and Zach the server did a great job, very attentive. For appetizers we had the nachos and the guacamole was outstanding. I had the shrimp fajitas with fresh jalapenos on the side. It was great. Another person enjoyed the chicken fajitas.
The atmosphere was light and pleasant and clean. I would recommend the place for a family meal.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

When we sat down, our waitress introduced us and told us that she was also the bartender. We thought that would be fine, but the service itself wasn't great. Our waitress was not very tentative and pretty much forgot about our chips/guacamole/queso order until AFTER our entrees came out.

Service aside, I thought the food was pretty decent, nothing out of the park. I got the beef burrito, which seemed a bit lacking. The meat was tender and tasty, but the burrito as a whole felt a bit bland. I thought there was a lot of potentials, but felt very underseasoned. The drinks are pretty good.

Overall, I think if the service was better, I would have given Distrito a 4, but bad/lacking service can ruin an experience. I would come here if you want drinks or some decent Mexican food, but don't come here expecting incredible service or food.

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

We visited Distrito for a birthday celebration and they easily handled our party of seven adults and one infant. The enchiladas were excellent as were the large burrito ordered by one of the group. Our 'fussy' eater was taken care of with a quissadilla and she said she actually enjoyed it. The chips were a little thicker than other restaurants but the accompanying sauces were very good. The beer was very cold and others were more than happy with their margaritas. Our server was very attentive and made sure our food was prepared and delivered as requested.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

This seems more like a place for a night out but my SO and I went for Sunday brunch. Pretty empty, but the food was good! And the staff was very courteous. I recommend the short rib flatbread, it has tender flavorful meat and plenty of cheese.

Reviewed 10 March 2017

I must admit I really liked the place for its feel and experience. After Abuleo's in Columbus, I found this Mexican restaurant to be so well decorated. I do not intend to say that the place has traditional looks, but the space is very neatly and beautifully done. The wall of masks was really cool.

The seating is very comfortable and spacious. There are so many sections and partitions which can almost accommodate all types of groups. The bars on both levels were fully loaded and there was very quick service from both of them. The place was busy so you might want to keep some time at hand if you want to cherish it all.

The food was excellent both in terms of presentation and taste. The recipes were fairly Americanized but it still had flavor from Mexico. The servers were polite and helpful and it felt like visiting the place again. I tried a couple of chicken dishes and they were all savory.