“Enjoyed the food, learning, and cultural experience, start to finish”

City Food Tours Philadelphia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: City Food Tours is Philadelphia's premier operator of public and private food tours of the city. City Food Tours offers unique, customized tours and tastings highlighting Philadelphia regional foods. You'll also explore how the foods are made, have an opportunity to meet culinary experts, and learn what to look for in truly fabulous food. Tours are offered 7 days a weeks and are perfect for individuals, couples, alumni groups, companies, families and out-of-town guests.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We went on the Ethnic Eats Tour hosted by City Food Tours Philadelphia, We loved everything about the tour. We enjoyed becoming more familiar with Vietnamese food, authentic Mexican food (not "Tex-Mex that we're used to in this country), and the neighborhoods in South Philly. We especially appreciated visiting the Buddhist temple. Our guide, Robert, brought significant knowledge and his personal experiences that added to our learning and overall experience. Thank you Robert. The tour is a walking tour, so wear comfortable walking shoes and outdoor clothes appropriate for the season.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for City Food Tours Philadelphia

Reviewed 28 February 2012

It was my wife's birthday and I wanted to do something special to help celebrate it. So I did research on food tours in Philadelphia and found City Food Tours Philadelphia. I chose the Northern Liberties tour because it was an area of the city that wasn't familiar to us. We met our group of six, plus our tour guide (Aurelie) and we were off on a 2 and 1/2 hour walking tour of the area and its restaurants. We visited five different establishments. Each one was very different and so were their food samplings. Our tour guide was excellent, full of stories and humor. She made the tour fun and tried her best to please everyone at each stop. If you want to get to know an area and want to sample local dishes, take a food tour. It's delicious entertainment. My only suggestion would be to change up the food offerings a bit. Too many of the dishes were fried. Favorite sample.......Darling's cheesecake!

Reviewed 23 February 2012

My wife and I have sampled the Ethnic and Decadent food tours in 2012. Robert (Part Owner) and Rochelle were our guides. Both were very friendly and answered all questions answered by our group. The Banh mi on teh ethnic tour along with teh visit to the local Buddist temple was my favorite there. The Middle Eastern cuisine and Gelato that closed the decadent tour was my favorite on that trip. I see great value in booking with City Food tours, trust me and enjoy! Cost is between 30-40 dollars which includes all food eaten and the guide.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

We had a great time on the decadent gourmet tour and the ethnic eats tour. Robert in particular is an amazing tour guide. If you are visiting Philly or just looking for something to do take one of these tours! You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

I took the tour this past weekend with 5 friends for part of my bachelorette weekend and we had a fantastic time. Rochelle was our guide and she was so friendly and informative and an overall great person! Personally, I think your guide really sets the tone and makes or breaks these types of things and we really lucked out :) We took the tour at 3pm and it was the perfect amount of food for an afternoon snack to hold us over till dinner at 8pm. The variety of vendors and food choices was great and everything was delicious. I would absolutely recommend this to anyone and will definitely book another tour with City Food Tours for the next time I'm in town with my fiance. Thanks for a great day!