US$ 155
US$ 144
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 214/night.

US$ 212
US$ 197
Sofitel
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 274/night.

The Windsor Suites(Philadelphia)
US$ 195
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 255/night.

US$ 155
US$ 157
US$ 136
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 155/night.

US$ 208
US$ 186
US$ 187
US$ 162
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 220/night.

US$ 172
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 193/night.

US$ 154
US$ 148
FourPoints.com
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 242/night.

US$ 159
US$ 151
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 203/night.

1,015 results
All reviewsbreakfast deliveredqueen lofthardwood floorsbreakfast basketyogurtlocust streeteach morningstreet noiseshower stallwithin walking distancesmall hotelreception arealarge bathroomcenter citycharming hotelkimmel centeracademy of music
Reviewed 23 June 2017

The Independent is a petite boutique hotel in the middle of Philadelphia's "gayborhood"- but the only orientation that matters here is "quality" because that's what you'll find. The rooms are spacious with elegant hardwood floors. A simple breakfast (pastry / yogurt / bagel / fruit- you're given multiple choices) is delivered to your door in the morning. L'Occitane products in the bathroom. Easily walkable to everything, including Philly's fabulous South Street. I asked where to get a "wit whiz" and was directed (accurately) to Jimmy's. There are lots of great food options close by. You'll be pleased.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
John B, General Manager at The Independent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2017

Dear BluerSkiesSeattle,
Thank you for choosing The Independent on your recent visit. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Philadelphia.
I had a chance to review your feedback, and I was proud to read your comments about our hotel, amenities and services. Your feedback is very important to our efforts for continuously improving guest satisfaction. We strive to do the best job we can and comments like yours are greatly appreciated.

I've shared your comments with all of our staff and I know they are motivated by feedback like yours.Thank you again for your feedback. We truly appreciate knowing that our guests have been well served so we can celebrate our success and work towards even better service in the future.

We look forward to your return when you are in the area again.

Reviewed 7 June 2017

I fell in love with the charm of this hotel. The check in was friendly and quick and came with a complimentary glass of wine. A nice touch after a long day of travel. All the staff I met were outstandingly friendly and helpful. The hotel is clean, quiet and nicely laid out. The rooms are a nice size and clean. I love that the complimentary continental breakfast is delivered to your door, packed to go, or ready to eat in your room. Very nice touch.
There is no restaurant within the hotel, however, you are only steps away to numerous and various restaurants. I agree, you do hear the street noise from outside, but it is the city after all, and a charming and quaint one at that.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank deeannenaylor
John B, General Manager at The Independent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Dear Deeannenaylor,

Thank you for choosing The Independent on your recent visit and for commenting on your recent stay.

It was great to hear how you loved our boutique property and the convenience of our location. I'm also happy to hear the staff was able to help you have a comfortable stay. We hope you will come back to visit us again soon, and until then take care and safe travels.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

We decided to stay overnight (Saturday-Sunday) to enjoy the city during the weekend with lots of activities in the different neighborhoods. This hotel is centrally located and within walking distance points north, south, east, and west of Center City. It is located in the heart of the Gayborhood district.

The room was very spacious and clean. The hotel is small compared to other chain hotels. The free continental breakfast delivered to the room was a nice touch. The lobby is located on the second floor of the building and is quite small. Water pressure (toilet, faucet, and shower) is excellent. The queen room we stayed in had a mini-refrigerator, Keurig Coffee/Tea, a flat screen TV, and a small desk. Walk-in shower (instead of a bath tub) was adequate in size and was clean. Bed sheets and towels were also clean. Staff we came across were all friendly and welcoming.

Overall, the hotel was very good. Unfortunately, we did not sleep very well. We ended up exhausted and miserable waking up on Sunday morning (after a very long Saturday full of events and walking approximately 15 miles throughout the city). I cannot give a higher rating for this hotel for the very reasons stated below.

Between the hours of 12 midnight to about 3:30 am, the area became a haven of unruly, uncivilized "humans" shouting, honking, partying, drumming the corner newspaper dispensers, and creating unnecessary noise making sleep impossible! Philadelphia Police officers arrived on the seen (at the corner of 13th and Locust Streets) but failed to calm the crowds. After 5 minutes of police presence, the police cars left without doing much to control the noise in the area. As Philadelphia residents, who live not too far from this area, we were shocked with the extreme noise of the area and wonder how residents and tourists get enough rest/sleep. I understand that the area is surrounded by nearby bars/clubs but that is not a reason to be uncivilized.

*** For tourists and locals looking to stay in this area, I hope this review will be helpful in choosing the right hotel to stay in. Why stay at a hotel if you cannot get sleep and end up miserable the next day?

*** To the management of the hotel, we hope that you will reach out to the Philadelphia Police Department to maintain/enforce proper behavior and minimize noise in the area especially after 12 midnight. Other recommendations: sound proofing of rooms, heavy curtains, offering guests to stay at a quieter area of the hotel.

We had great expectations of this hotel based on Tripadvisor and Yelp reviews. We were extremely disappointed for such a nice and centrally located hotel.

Room Tip: It gets very, very, very loud and noisy! You will not be able to sleep!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
John B, General Manager at The Independent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Dear SouthPhillyPT19148,
Thank you for choosing The Independent on your recent visit and commenting on your stay. We apologize for the inconvenience. and we are so disappointed to read the issues you had with your stay regarding the noise. We are looking into it and I hope you feel confident that we will correct it. Please feel free to contact me john.barsoum@theindependenthotel.com. Thanks again and I hope to hear for you soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

Our room faced the main street and unfortunately were up due to the street noise outside. I think they are close/near a bar (?) so we heard a group having a jolly ol' time outside. In the morning we were awoken (if you can call it that since we were up all night) by the large crowd gathering at the popular breakfast place across the street. In other note- We were rather impressed with a hotel room with wood floors. The shower was heaven and the travel toiletries amazing. The morning breakfast was parse but appreciated. This hotel also held onto our bags while we toured the city.

Room Tip: Dont choose one facing the street
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
John B, General Manager at The Independent Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2017

Dear waitingtoexhale,

Thank you for your review, and we extremely apologize for any inconvenience due to the outside noise. I completely understand your frustration in this regard. I have shared your feedback with the appropriate department to assess the noise situation. In the meantime I’m Glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel service and amenities. We appreciate your business and looking forward to serving you again in the near future.

Sincerely

Reviewed 14 April 2017

I visited the Independent about 7 years ago and really enjoyed it. I happened to stay here in April 2017 and wanted to write another review.

It is a great location right in Midtown. Walking distance to all the great sites, many restaurants and shopping all around. Super friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are equipped with small fridge and microwave which is a bonus. Everything was clean. Rooms were quiet at night.

Some of the room furniture is starting show some wear and tear over the years. Nothing too bad but just a bit rough. The clock radio didn't have Bluetooth to connect to my phone which was a bummer. It did have an iPhone dock however. The desk was quite small, not really comfortable for working. The WiFi was a bit spotty. I ended up having to use my phone as a hot spot. Leads me to believe the Independent is really geared toward the tourist more than a business guest.

Overall definitely a good bet for Center City, especially if you're a tourist.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Dear Dustin T,

Thank You for taking the time to share your experience with us, Your feedback is essential in our effort to improve our service standards. I apologize for the clock radio and the WIFI situation. Your comments have been shared with the appropriate department so that they may be addressed. Please feel free to contact me directly and it will be my pleasure to assist you.

Thank You for choosing the Independent hotel!

All The Best!