We booked The Independent due to the reviews here on Trip Advisor and the hotel's price point. We stayed one night in a second floor suite, which felt much more like a Bed & Breakfast than a hotel, largely due to the suite's proximity to the second floor lobby and reception desk. Our room was quite large, with hardwood floors throught and a funky collection of furnishings. It's a nice change of pace from your standard hotel room layout.
We were concerned about the potential for noise, based on what has been written previously about the second floor and our proximity to the street, but those fears turned out to be unfounded. And the staff at The Independent were very pleasant and helpful. The quirkiness of the hotel means it's not for everyone, but I'd absolutely consider returning to The Independent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Independent Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia