Staff was beyond good, what is a real important factor to me. Location is just perfect, in the city center. Room was clean and nice, the complimentary breakfast is very generous.
The only reason why no 5 stars:
- the location itself is noisy, cant blame the hotel for it, that's the price being there
- the bathroom light switches were not working
- you need to log in every time again and again to wifi (after losing connection for a while)
I would recommend to anybody to stay there but only if not being too sensitive to street noise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Independent is a 24-room boutique hotel located in a fully restored Georgian-Revival building located at 1234 Locust Street in the vibrant Midtown Village area of Center City, Philadelphia. Now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Independent is ideal for tourists and business travelers looking for a grand feel in a boutique, personalized hotel experience. Our guests experience luxury accommodations in the heart of Philadelphia, and are able to walk to theaters, the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Rittenhouse and other Philadelphia attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your The Independent reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Hotel Philadelphia
- Independent Boutique Hotel Philadelphia