“good location, beautiful hotel”

Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel
Ranked #54 of 87 Hotels in Philadelphia
Reviewed 4 May 2012

stayed there for 2 nights. The hotel was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The location was great for a tour to the museums/parks as well as to the city hall. Very friendly staff too. overall a very good experience!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank jay z
PhilipMarcano, Manager at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. The Sweet Sleeper beds are really comfortable. We thank you for your feedback. we look forward to your return visit with us.

Regards,

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown Hotel

Reviewed 3 May 2012

Enjoyable stay at Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown, very accommodating for business travel. I especially enjoy the personal attention received in the dining room during breakfast, Nick makes me feel like I'm a regular and always has my coffee and favorite juice waiting on me before I can get back to my table from the buffet.

Room Tip: As always, avoid rooms by the elevators as people tend to congregate there.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

We appreciate you taking the time out to leave your feedback. Nick is one of our best Servers in the Terrace Restaurant. The quick & efficient service provided goes to show his attention to detail. We will be sure to recognize his great efforts. Thank you for staying with us and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

Always an enjoyable stay - the TVs are now upgraded to flat screens with HDTV, and the beds are very comfortable. The front desk staff is always pleasant and welcoming and the location is ideal for those working in the financial district of Philadelphia. The gym was recently updated and has the new Sheraton Fit features.

Breakfast is great - good menu and decent buffet - but the best is the service at breakfast (Nick and team) and for drinks at night (Nicole)!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments - it’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels. Thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 2 May 2012

I stay here regularly for business. The hotel is centrally located, clean, quiet and comfortable (the beds are really comfortable). The staff is always pleasant, helpful, and take good care of me. Breakfast is included in my rate which makes it a great value. Nick at the Terrace Cafe takes care of me most mornings and is absolutely wonderful. He is very attentive and makes me feel welcome - I look forward to seeing and chatting with him every morning. My stays here are very pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

We appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments - it’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their travels. Nick and the the rest of the Terrace Restaurant team do there best to deliver only the best to all of our guests. You can never go wrong with our Sweet Sleeper Beds. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 1 May 2012

I love going back and reading the reviews after my stay because it gives me great insight into the ridiculously misaligned expectations people have of hotels.

The hotel is centrally located in the downtown area. The hotel is not new and although it has been renovated, it shows a little bit of wear around the edges but absolutely nothing negative. (Let's face it, I'll bet if you invited me into the homes of some of the folks that have written scathing reviews - I'll bet I could find some imperfections in their homes)

The hotel is clean. The staff is perfectly competent and although they don't exude any great warmth, they're perfectly pleasant.

One thing about Starwood is that the beds and bedding are far superior to anything you'd find in a lower priced alternative. The bathroom amenities are standard (basic) Sheraton - perfectly adequate and acceptable. The room was quiet - no street noise. Well-situated.

Consider that this downtown hotel is positioned and priced below that of a top-end hotel and is far superior to an economy hotel - it is perfectly fine for the price and consistent with the brand and its position in the market.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business