“So what?”

Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Neighbourhood: City Centre East
Reviewed 10 June 2018

Came due to hype over pork sandwich. What’s the big deal? Just one wet tasteless sandwich. Big though and reasonably priced.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank PerryPatetik

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

One of the better meal ball subs I’ve had. Def recommend this place! I think I will try another dish the next time I go though. Give it a shot if you want some inexpensive and good food.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 7 June 2018

Was in Center Philly for a convention. Have not been to DiNic's for many years and figured I would try it out again as I love roast pork sandwiches. I have been to John's Roast Pork many times and figured this could be a great comparison! Let me tell you just skip this place. What I got was tasteless. Thank god they had Salt and Pepper shakers on the counter as without them I would have not been able to eat it.It had ZERO flavor. Tasted like it was backed with no seasonings, sliced down and dropped into a pan filled with plain old water. I paid my bill and went away wishing I was in South Philly at John's! Skip this place!

1  Thank Larry-L0v3
Reviewed 3 June 2018

I also had the roast pork with broccoli rabe. I couldn't finish it. Bitter, no flavor, not much cheese. I think it must be an individual taste thing. I would give that sandwich a one star rating. To be fair, I also tried the brisket sandwich and it was good, but not great. The staff were friendly, though. Moderate prices.

1  Thank Andrew P
Reviewed 28 May 2018

So we heard about the claim of the Best Sandwich in America and thought obviously we have to check it out. While we loved the broccoli topping the roast pork itself was a bit dry and bland. Overall just an average pork sandwich. We were a little disappointed as we were expecting some sort of flavor blast, but average is how I would describe it. We also tried the Roast Beef and found it to be better tasting, but again average at best.

1  Thank Sobe670