3,804 results
All reviews broad street great location double tree warm cookies the executive lounge center city academy of music kimmel center corner room within walking distance parking garage across the street front desk staff upon check high floor street noise fitness center
Reviewed 12 July 2018

The hotel itself is very nice, but they need to invest in soundproofing as part of their renovations. I had a room on the 15th floor, and the noise from the street below made it impossible to sleep on a Friday or Saturday night. I live in New York City and work next to an airport, so I am use to noise. Earplugs will not block this high volume.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
KTMurnane, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you weren't able to have a restful night's sleep. We're happy to place light sleepers facing away from Broad Street. These rooms have fantastic views of the city facing toward the Delaware River. Our Suites on 5 section are also situated away from the hustle and bustle of Broad Street. We hope that you'll reconsider and visit again soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

As a family of four we stayed here for 2 nights. Good size room. We used the pool one afternoon which gave us a break from the hot city. Good location to be able to walk to the sights. The warm cookies on arrival were also received.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank McCabesonTour

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your experience here at DoubleTree by Hilton Philadelphia – Center City. We appreciate your review and endorsement. Please come back to see us again soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

My family and I stayed for 4th of july. No only was the hotel prime location, check in was a breeze. Upgrade,warm cookies that the kids were thrilled about, lobby bar so the husband can watch the game, top floor views, indoor pool and sauna. We started out wonderful. Evening snacks and drinks in executive suit with staff member- I wish I got his name. My husband had a great time talking with him. The room itself was spacious for a city hotel room. Beds were extremely comfortable. I haven't slept that well in a long time so thank you. Had breakfast which was perfect watching the sun rise. The only negative would be the parking garage is very narrow on the first 3-4 floors. Keep going---the spaces get larger. We will definitely be back.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Voyage570725
KTMurnane, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Philadelphia Center City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share this fantastic review of your holiday visit at DoubleTree by Hilton Philadelphia – Center City. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 7 July 2018

The hotel staff is very accommodating, welcoming, friendly, professional and ALWAYS had a smile on their faces. We definitely received an extraordinary experience throughout our stay; from the moment we arrived to the moment we departed. Each and every staff member expressed attentiveness and gratitude toward us everyday. Phenomenal service and experience we received throughout our stay!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Mar798,

We appreciate your feedback. It's fantastic to know that our staff left such a positive impression! Please look no further for future stays in Philadelphia.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

As a Hilton Diamond member, I strive to stay at Hilton properties as often as I can. So, when I needed a hotel room in Center City Philadelphia, I selected this hotel. I stayed at this property over 10 years ago and remembered it fondly, so I thought I would give it a try.

Well, there are some Pros, and sadly Cons. Pros: Location - it is a great location if you are attending an event at the Kimmel Center or any other Center City venue. Also, its around the corner from the thriving Gayborhood and its full list of restaurants and bars. Staff (most) - staff that were encountered in the Standing O restaurant and in the hallways, were always very friendly, polite and greeted you with a warm smile and hello. Room - the room I selected was very spacious. Cons: Front Desk - after the initial "Welcome to the Doubletree", there was really no other interaction. No thanking me for my loyalty or for me being a Diamond member. Now, I don't need to be fawned over, but at least acknowledge. Nor was there a thank you for choosing our hotel (especially with so many in the immediate area). There just was no real warmth. When I asked if I was upgraded or not, the gentleman had no idea; then finally told me "no, it is the room you selected online". Room: It was tired and showing its age. Sofa was depressed in the middle, the dresser drawers would not stay closed. The entire property looks like it needs a major refreshing. I don't know when the last one was, but its long in the tooth now. Finally, and most importantly, when "attempting" to have breakfast at the restaurant located on the Mezzanine, no one every stopped by and asked if we wanted coffee, tea or any other beverage. This, despite several wait staff walking by and other patrons enjoying their coffee or tea. Only right when we were about to leave (20 minutes after we arrived) did someone finally ask did we want coffee. At that point we declined, as were extremely dissatisfied with the service and the breakfast (most oily omelet I have ever had).

Overall, my stay was "OK", but there was nothing that made me feel special, welcome, or eager to select this hotel again when the need to stay in CC arises, which is quite a few times a year. I have stayed at the Hyatt Bellevue, which is one block away from this hotel, a few times, and have always enjoyed my stay and left feeling like my business was truly appreciated. Sorry Hilton, this Doubletree did not live up to the others that I have stayed in around the country, nor the other "mid-tier" Hilton brands.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Vodka141

Dear Vodka141,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We apologize for failing to acknowledge your Hilton Honors Diamond status. Although we can not change your experience, we will do all we can to communicate the shortcomings you've described with our team so these mistakes will not affect a future visit. We hope we will have another opportunity to show you the DoubleTree experience you should expect.