“Nice Inn and good location in Coupeville”
Review of The Coupeville Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coupeville
The Coupeville Inn
Ranked #5 of 13 Coupeville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 February 2011

We stayed here for two nights with our Corvette club and we basically filled up the inn competely. Our room was on the top (2nd) floor with a view of Penn Cove on the East side of Whidbey Island. The room was very clean and of average size for an inn of this vintage, which is fairly old, but certainly updated. Plenty of storage space for clothing, but no closet just a hanging rack in a corner of the room. There was a newer flat screen TV.
The bathroom is quite small, but adequate with updated fixtures. The king bed and the pillows were great. No elevator that I was aware of and the stair steps are quite narrow, so if you're older a little caution is advised. Dogs were allowed in two of the rooms only.

The staff was very friendly and accomodating. Check-in for 50+ people arriving went very smoothly. A continental breakfast is offered and it is very basic. Coffee, tea, orange juice, bagels, instant oatmeal packets hard boiled eggs and some mixed fruit out of a can. Suprisingly no cold boxed cereal as is offered in most places like this and no fresh fruit. What was there was fine and there are some very closed places to get a full breakfast if desired. Not bad, but they could do a lot better in this area.

I have no problem recommending this inn and would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: February 2011

Reviewed 12 October 2010

The Inn is a nice, clean, simple place to stay. The rooms have been updated with linens and granite counters. The bathrooms are very clean - a must for me and rooms smelled fresh, not old or musky. The rates are great year round but even better during the off season. Sept/Oct is a great time to go since the summer crowds are gone but still nice enough weather to do outdoor activities. My husband and I have stayed here twice (without the kids) and would go back. The inn is right in town and within a few blocks of restaurants, cafes and the historic dock. Great location. Very quiet at night too, no traffic noise.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2010

This hotel is a present... you don't know what you got until you opened it. The rooms were just wonderful... large, well decorated, clean, nicely furnished and from the outside one wouldn't have guessed this as it looks like any old hotel. I will stay her again, and even will plan a trip to the area just because this was so nice.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2010

We stayed here in June 2010. We had no plans to stay anywhere this night so were just hoping to find something. We were planning to take the ferry the next day. It was a Sunday night and all I can say is WOW!! I loved this place. The lady at the front desk, and I apologize I do not remember her name, was the nicest person we encountered on our 10 day trip. We asked about rooms and prices and she even recommended another place, I believe it was Captain Whibley's, anyway we left and went and checked it out but the only rooms they had left no children were allowed and you had to share a bathroom. We got one view room on the 2nd floor and another non view room. They were very nice and clean rooms. They had a movie library in the lobby we took advantage of. The breakfast the next morning was perfect. The complementary coffee and tea at all hours was great. The view from our view room was one of the best parts of our trip for me. We walked to the pier and ate at the lovely family ran restaurant. We walked to everything and was able to get up the next morning and only about at 15 minute drive to the ferry. The postcard that was waiting for me when I got home was a perfect touch. Also, not to mention the pond/waterfall my husband built me that reminds me of this place. I would go back in a heart beat if the opportunity arose. Thanks Coupville Inn for making our one night in your little quaint town perfect!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Stayed here for one night, wanting to get the early ferry to Port Townsend the next morning. Check-in was great. We asked about dinner and the clerk recommended Chris's and offered to phone for a reservation. It indeed turned out that they were full for most of the evening, but if we got there right then (about a 30 second walk) we could get in, and did.

The room wasn't large but was clean and comfortable. Because we were only staying for one night we hadn't requested a water-view room. Regarding a previous review - the Naval Air station is indeed fairly close by. However, there are no night flights (and we've camped at Deception Pass State Park preeviously, much closer to the base) and it's hard to imagine how this could have been detrimental.

The continental breakfast was pretty bare-bones, but it's included. For $99 - wasn't a big deal to us.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coupeville
2.9 km away
10.2 km away
The Coachman Inn & Suites
The Coachman Inn & Suites
#2 of 4 in Oak Harbor

Been to The Coupeville Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK