All reviews twin lakes studio cabin lakefront restaurant shared bathroom cross country ski nordic ski lake and mountains continental breakfast hard boiled eggs rustic charm roaring fire bagels paper towels each morning eastern sierra beautiful area dvd player
Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

Tamarack is always a good bet. Accommadating, peaceful, and affordable. We were even lucky enough to be upgraded this time! Employees are always very nice and the lodge is simple and rustic, but not in disrepair.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brendan F
Reviewed 29 October 2018

My husband and I just returned from a 3 night stay. We booked Cabin #28. It is at the top of the property and you can just barely see the lake. Instead we had a beautiful view of trees and mountains. The walk to the lake was short and we preferred the cabin we had as opposed to one with a view of the lake. Our location offered peace and quiet. Even though the lodge was 80% occupied it seemed we were the only ones there. Alison checked us in and she was amazing!!!! Very efficient and knowledgeable about the property and surrounding area. Our cabin was extremely clean and spacious. Everyday when we left for a hike we came back to a clean tidied up cabin. When we stay at most hotels we always have to call for more towels and washcloths. Not here. We always had an ample supply. The gas fireplace was great and really warmed up the cabin. All of the kitchen appliances were clean and worked great. There's a coffeemaker with coffee and tea offered. There was powdered creamer but I wanted the real thing so I went to the lodge and James offered to get some for me. So very kind of him. The bed was comfortable and provided a restful nights sleep after a long day of hiking. We enjoyed eating our meals out on the spacious deck. There was a nice picnic bench and two Adirondack chairs. At night we loved to step outside and star gaze. Beautiful!!!! In the morning we had breakfast in the lodge. Each morning Alison was there to greet us. The continental breakfast which started at 7:30am was perfect. Just enough to get us started for the day. We were impressed how nice and neatly arranged everything was. The coffee was excellent. We had our choice of cold cereals, oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, assorted breads, pastries, yogurt, fruit and orange juice.
Our stay was perfect from the moment we checked in until sadly we had to check out. We will definitely return and once again request Cabin #28.

Room tip: Cabin #28. It's at the top of the property and offers peace and quiet.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank kvd
Reviewed 23 October 2018

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights to make the most of the wonderful outdoors. This place exceeded our expectations, we absolutely lived our cosy cabin. The staff were lovely and the cabin had all we needed for a perfect forest getaway. Would highly recommend to others.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peaccj
Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

I highly recommend staying here...for both the beautiful setting and the excellent hospitality. At our arrival, James welcomed us and helped bring our numerous bags to our room. Alison checked us in and orientated us to all the little details to make our stay even more comfortable and special. Andrew brought us a a DVD player to watch movies. And housekeeping were attentive and patient with Viviana and Maria doing a great job during our 4 night stay. They even demonstrated their technique on how to create a wooly mammoth with towels! Just go.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank TravlingYogi
Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

Very friendly and helpful staff. They upgraded me to a cozy cabin the night I checked in. This place is just what I needed. Many beautiful lakes to explore nearby. Only a short drive into town. Will be back!

Trip type: Travelled solo