All reviews twin lakes studio cabin lakefront restaurant shared bathroom cross country ski nordic ski lake and mountains continental breakfast hard boiled eggs bagels rustic charm roaring fire paper towels each morning eastern sierra beautiful area dvd player
Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

Luckily picked the better half of what turned into a stormy weekend.
Had booked a Lodge room and requested a smaller cabin upon arrival. After seeing how this place was set up, staying in one of these seemed to fit the scene perfectly!
The staff was very accommodating in achieving this for me. Great, clean and snug little place.
Met plenty of really nice people there that come back every year.
If you are going to stay in Mammoth Lakes I highly suggest this place!
I will be visiting it frequently myself.
Being there mainly for photography, attached are some of the captures I was able to get of this place and some of it's obvious local hot spots!

I'll be back to capture more soon. If you would like to see some of the other shots, I post @vmp_captures and @vmp_bnw on Instagram.

Thank you!
Brett Jozsa

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Michael P, General Manager at Tamarack Lodge and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Dear Veracious Mind P,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with a thorough review from your recent stay with us. It was so nice to read about your great experience here, especially with our staff and in your cabin! We hope to welcome you back to Tamarack soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

Tamarack Lodge on Twin Lakes is an excellent location on the lakes and with great mountain views and short walk to the water fall.
All the staff at lodge,especially Kelly, Bryan and the manager Mike are most professional,
friendly and willing to assist in any way to make your stay pleasant.
The staff at their restaurant ,The Lakefront Restaurant, are also most professional, courteous and helpful,as the food is GREAT.
We can highly recommend.

Room tip: All the cabins in which we stayed have great Lake views, just depends on the size cabin you need for your party.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Michael P, General Manager at Tamarack Lodge and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Dear goldenretriever2017,

Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay with our lodge and restaurant. It is always so nice to receive feedback from our guests, covering all aspects of our resort, especially when they have great interactions with our staff. It was nice to hear about your experience with Brian and Kelley, I'm so happy they were able to make your stay exceptional. We hope you can return again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2017

The Tamarack area is beautiful and serene. As a long time season pass holder, I have stayed in the cabins before with my dog. But this time not only did I get the tourism and occupancy tax fees, And daily resort fees, my dog got the same fees in addition to the pet fee of 30.00 a day. On top of that, there is the 200.00 pet deposit and waiver that specify what damage and or pet behaviors that justify in losing the deposit, such as excessive shedding. I would think with all the money in fees, the staff would be paid to pick up trash around the property. That was not the case. On my 5th day, I picked up others' trash, cig butts and dog poop. I watched as staff walked by litter not to be bothered.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Debra R

Dear Debra R,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with our resort. I'm sorry that you felt we were misleading with our fees, while they have been in place for many years, we can certainly look into ways to make them more clear. As for your observations with staff ignoring trash, trash appearing after the snow melted away this spring has been a constant challenge, we will certainly remind them to be observant and pick up any trash they see. Hope to have you join us again one day.

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

The lodge is a charming rustic mountain lodge in the Eastern Sierra. We thoroughly enjoyed our 2 night stay. Breakfast was good and the Lodge was clean and comfortable. The staff was very helpful with recommending what to see and how to get there!

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Matt M, Manager at Tamarack Lodge and Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2017

Dear Allison K,

Thank you for choosing Tamarack Lodge on your recent visit to Mammoth and the Eastern Sierra. We are glad you found us and enjoyed your stay at the Lodge. We love welcoming our Guests to fresh coffee and our Continental Breakfast in the morning. It is our pleasure to make recommendations and share this amazing area with everyone who joins us at Tamarack Lodge.

Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!

Matt

Reviewed 4 May 2017 via mobile

Awesome resort in the middle of the real nature.
Lakes and Peaks shows you the most beautiful face of life.
Cute chalet with fireplace and comfort bed.
Good sweet breakfast, staff really friendly and helpful.
Great restaurant available inside, with taste and fresh dishes (soup, meat and salads).
Only one thing: wifi is very low, but maybe this is not a big deal in a place like this.
Absolutely lovely and recommended!!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Massimiliano F.,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, it was so nice to read about each area and how much you enjoyed it. We certainly are situated in a beautiful area, centered around disconnecting from technology, but are always trying to improve the wifi, thank you for your feedback.

Hopefully you can return again soon.