All reviews rooms are small central location mammoth bears lakes
Reviewed 24 October 2018

I made reservations directly through the Motel 6 website. The first time I stayed there, the bill ended up being a couple of dollars more than the total on my online reservation. A couple of bucks, not a big deal. However I stayed here again 3 weeks later and was overcharged almost $40!! Before I checked out, I brought this to the attention of the person at the front desk that morning. He admitted that there was an error, however he didn't have the ability to give me a refund so I would have to talk to their General Manager, who wasn't in at that time. He told me to call back later that day. I called back and the same guy answered the phone. He gave me the email address of the GM and told me to email him. I emailed him and never got a response. The next day, I emailed Motel 6 customer service and have not heard back from them either. Terrible customer support. Don't stay here unless you want to get ripped off.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank spammy76
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Mammoth Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2018

Dear Guest, We apologize for any misunderstanding that may have occurred during your recent stay with regard to the transaction issue you describe. We apologize for any misunderstanding that may have occurred during your recent stay with regard your reservation and the inconveniences you experienced. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

We needed a hotel for one night in Mammoth before hiking, and Motel 6 is always a reliable quality. This one is no different Staff was friendly, but limited interaction. Breakfast non-existent, but there are many places around.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fred T
Reviewed 20 August 2018

The check-in process was very smooth, so no complaints. For the price they were charging, not serving breakfast was a let down. The room was large and clean. Rooms were also cleaned every day, which was also pretty impressive. Late night eats (around 9 30 PM) are pretty far from the place, so that needs to be improved. One good thing about this place was that it is right by the main road, so catching a bus at any hour of the day was very easy.

Room tip: Rooms on the top floor facing the road in the front.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank SalmanKhanP
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here this trip as we have stayed on a previous trip (2 years ago) and although the motel is pretty basic it suited our needs (stop over whilst visiting Yosemite)

Have to say the standards have dropped. When we arrived we were told the pool was closed, when I questioned this I was told( by management) if I didn’t like it I could cancel. Not really what you want to here have traveling for 6 hours with kids in the car.

We had requested 2 rooms together as we were traveling with a child with a disability, this was ignored and resulted in us standing guard at our room door to stop our son running off to find his grandparents.

The room was basic ( we new this) but unlike our last trip it was dirty. Really felt there was little point in complaining following the managements comments earlier.

It our second visit to a motel 6 on this trip and both have been bad. We will not use again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank carlg797
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Mammoth Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear Carl, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We strive to deliver a great guest experience, but it sounds as though we did not perform to our usual standards in this case. We apologize for any inconvenience or misunderstanding that may have occurred during your recent stay with regard to your reservations issues. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you experienced. Please know that the conditions you describe are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality and we apologize for the inconveniences you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 11 August 2018

Made a reservation a week in advance for a weekend. Their was some kind of music festival so the rooms were very expensive for this place. I requested upstairs in advance but got bottom floor. Well with the newer tiled floors it sure was noisy even with normal walking above. Door to bathroom had a hole filled and never sanded down. Ceiling was coming loose around the air vent. The refrigerator had freezer door missing so even on bottom shelves stuff was freezing. Outside looks pretty rundown. Next night after leaving stayed in another Motel 6 in Atascadero and that was excellent.

Date of stay: August 2018
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Mammoth Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Dear Dave, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. Please know the conditions you experienced are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.