See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 November 2018

The smell of the room was very weird. It took us some time to get used to it. If the smell was ok, I could give the motel 4 points. The check in was quick with no problem, the manager also told us to take all the food with us and leave none of it at the car because of the bears. The shower was good, one of the best I had, perfect pressure and water temperature. The bad wasn’t that good, soft mattress and pillows with different sizes (even the sleeping pillows were at different size). The breakfast was nice, but it located at the lobby\ front desk room which is tiny, so you have to eat quickly or be prepared to be squeezed by another table\ chair.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2018

We stayed at the Rodeway a few days ago and I’m glad that we did. I was so put off by the hysterical reviews earlier in the week that I tried to find alternative accommodation despite our advance booking! First, the downsides - it clearly needs a coat of paint pretty desperately, the landing carpets are well past their sell by date and rooms are small and pretty basic. However, the welcome, greeting and friendliness at reception was outstanding and use of English very good - and I’ve been using it for a long time! The room was outstandingly clean, bathroom small but with a good shower, good location and a good, comfortable bed. It was exceptionally well priced in comparison to others in Mammoth Lakes and as it caters for the ski slopes, completely understandable that they are reluctant to replace external carpet. I would stay again - if you want five star luxury pay a lot more

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2018

Motel is dated and outward appearance is lacking. Staff at checkin had trouble understanding English. Room was quite spacious and clean. Breakfast was limited and small space that was full when we arrived. For a location like Mammoth Lakes, the cost-value ratio might be considered good. We judge a motel by asking if we would stay there again. We would stay there again.

Room tip: OK for overnight stay.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

My recent one night stay at this location on September 10, 2018, was not worth my penny pinching on a whim. Not my best idea EVER! The check in process left my head spinning as to why it took over 25 minutes to check if there was a room, and then to assign me one. The internet stated the running rate was $80/night, but at the counter I was told, "$80 dollars, JUST for YOU!" Wow, thanks! It was approximately 12 o'clock noon and I was advised to return after 3 p.m. for my key.
Upon my return at approximately 6 p.m. I walked into a blue wall painted room with a popcorn ceiling that immediately made me want to turn around and run for the mountains! It smelled like 10 years of fermented urine. I knew this was a bullet I had to bite and so I proceeded to check for everything disgusting possibly left behind (you know exactly what that means). This was most definitely a place to stay sheltered for the night and not a second longer! For means of business and that they may prosper, I hope they invest in upgrades for the health, safety and sanity of their guests. In no way is my review an intent to discourage business for them, but for goodness sake, I hope they fix it up. On a positive note, a week later and I'm still symptom free of whatever a black light would have been sure to bring to life in that room!!!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Not flash, but perfect for my needs!
Just needed a place to stay while I was MTB riding at Mammoth mountain.
There was a bear in the parking lot overnight. Very exciting. This would be great for a ski stopover in winter.

Trip type: Travelled solo