All reviews steam room great spa continental breakfast tea and coffee pool table lounge area first floor a king size bed hot tub the room was nice mountain view death valley comfortable stay yogurt ski season resort fee yosemite
Reviewed 28 August 2018

In the summertime, it is too hot! Then have no a/c and no cross ventilation. All the fans in the world would not help.
It really was a nice place, but too hot. They gave me my money back! That is always a plus!

Date of stay: May 2018
2  Thank chubbers55
Reviewed 9 August 2018

Just tried to make a reservation for three rooms. Desk clerk instructs me that it would be "less work for me and for him" if I make the reservations online so that he "does not have to enter the information into the system." I wanted to book three rooms for three different people and discovered that if I booked online, I would need to enter information three times in order to secure the reservations. I called back with that info and asked to speak with the manager, at which point he informed me that he was the only one there and dealing with people who were ACTUALLY (his emphasis) checking in. I asked when the manager would be available and he replied at 7am tomorrow while commenting that he "didn't know why I was being so combative." Then he hung up on me. Consider that attitude when contemplating where you want to stay in Mammoth.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank lisafI6WD
Leina'ala K, Manager at Mammoth Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Good afternoon, Thank you for the information. I will speak to the staff about this. I'm surprised this happened and assure you that being personable and friendly are a priority no matter how many rooms are being reserved. Based on our reviews you will see that we rate high in customer service. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the hotel and the area. Best, Leina'ala K. 760-934-6162

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

The inn faces a beautiful view, but I didn’t have that. Most rooms face a wall, or wall with next door neighbors’ windows in close view. Smoke in the area kept my windows closed the first few days; and with no a/c, it was stuffy. So thankful room comes with a fan. That saved my stay. Room is nice and clean. Tight room for more than 1. Staff was nice. Breakfast was good with good selection. No elevators. Stairway is tight if you are trying to go one way with luggage and someone else is going the other way. Ad said elegant, but I would not call it elegant; but it was nice enough. Good location and quiet though. For just a little more, I have stayed in Mammoth with a pool, spa, restaurants at my fingertips. I would rate this place good, overall.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Leina'ala K, General Manager at Mammoth Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Greetings from Mammoth Lakes!
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to submit a review. Our "view" rooms are Deluxe Loft and Master Loft suites on the second level. Our Junior Suites with kitchen (1st floor) also are on the view side of the hotel. Our standard rooms are on the non-view side of the building. If the building next to us were not built those rooms would probably be considered "city view".
The hotel was completed in the early 1970's when at the time and for years until recently A/C units in the rooms were not needed. This summer has been the hottest so far.
Glad that you enjoyed our selection of breakfast.
Take care and hope you visit us again.
Best,
Leina'ala K

Reviewed 26 July 2018

We stopped here en route from Yosemite to Death Valley to Vegas. Came in around 10PM, asked for a room, and left the next morning. The staff is super friendly, it's not a super fancy hotel but they do a great job to make you feel comfy. It's like staying at a friend's really comfy ski mansion with hotel privacy. Gym needs a little love but the lady (African American lady forget her name) in the breakfast area/gym was so sweet, along with the folks at the desk. And considering it's next to the only 24 hour place/shopping center in walking distance is a huge plus. Only one star less because since it was 10PM and a room is an empty sunk cost I thought I'd get a better deal, but all good. Just felt a tad expensive for low season and empty rooms being available.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Good afternoon,
Thank you for staying with us and taking time to submit a review. I showed your comments to, Cecelia, the staff who works the breakfast room. Yes, she really is a sweet woman. Believe it or not our summers in Mammoth Lakes (and the surrounding areas) are just as busy if not busier during the midweek than winter season. In the past us locals would plan our super market trips to avoid weekends. Nowadays it's busy every day of the week. Our slow season are October/November depending Tioga Pass status and if we get snow. Take care and visit us again.
Best,
Leina'ala K.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

We managed to get a room without a reservation. The price was about right, and they offered a military veteran discount. The room was nice with a king size bed. And, the breakfast the next morning was superb. We are glad we found this place.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple