Some buddies and I usually take a motorcycle trip all over the Sierras around Memorial Day weekend. Usually we stay on the west side of the Sierras near Yosemite, but prices this year seemed way out of line for what you get. Since the passes opened very early this year, I figured I'd look over on the eastern side of the mountains to see what was there. The Juniper Springs resort was a great find. Since it was not summer (school was in session) and not the high winter season I got a studio condo for $100 bucks. The $20 resort fee tack on was bogus as they should have just put it on the room.
The hotel is very nice but you can tell the years of ski lodging was hard on it. While the amenities were luxury style, walls were dinged, linens were worn, and the carpets showed some wear. Nothing to outstanding, but noted by a critical eye. The room was great: fireplace, kitchen, nice bathroom, and sofa. Parking was in an underground garage that locked with the room key. It was well secure.
The pool area had three small hot tubs which was a great place to take a soak after the long day's ride. The staff were pleasant, but didn't go out of the way to make anything exeptional.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Have the Mountains at your Front Door. Juniper Springs Lodge, Sunstone and Eagle Run make up Mammoth's premier ski-in/ski-out resort. Located at Eagle Lodge and Eagle Express chairlift, these studio to three bedroom condos and townhomes offer an alpine getaway that is ideal for families. Juniper Springs Resort was recently named one of Conde Nast Traveler's top 50 ski resort properties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Juniper Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Juniper Springs Hotel Mammoth Lakes
- Juniper Springs Mammoth Lakes
- Mammoth Lakes Juniper Springs Lodge