1,003 results
All reviews made to order eggs indoor pool gas station western hotels covered parking free breakfast fresh fruit breakfast was excellent would stay here again middle of town bathroom door one night stay nice room beds were comfortable ski trip coffee maker short drive
Reviewed 10 January 2019

Checked into the room with my family to find out it reeked of marijuana. I went to the front desk so they sent someone to verify. In the meantime before hotel staff arrived to the room, I did a thorough check of the room to find out there was a dirty shirt in between the cracks in one of the corners and a diaper in the closet. Once hotel staff was at the room, hotel staff confirmed it was marijuana. All they did was pour some kind of liquid on the floor and mopped. They also gave me a can of Febreeze to spray in the room.
Went to talk to the front desk after the incident to see what can be done and they said hotel was all booked and they can't change rooms for us, and was told management will contact me the next day since it was already past 5pm at the time and would leave a message if I wasn't present. That night my child, after changing into her pajamas, was walking around the room. Assuming the floors would be somewhat cleaned (wrong assumption), we found out the socks my child was wearing was completely black after walking for a few minutes. Therefore had to have everyone wear shoes throughout the whole stay.
The next day came around, my wife and child woke up with headaches. This was probably due to the marijuana smell in the room. But since we had already purchased snow event tickets, we decided to head out anyways but their headache didn't go away and was forced to sit out on the events throughout the day. We decided to end the day early, since they weren't feeling well. Came back to the hotel to find out no message was left so i went to talk to the front desk again to speak to a manager. Again was told the manager wasn't available and would be back by 4pm and would call me in the room and leave a message if i wasn't there. 5pm came and gone and after talking to front desk again, was told manager was gone for the day and for sure someone will contact me the next day before i checked out.
The next day came and before checking out, I wanted to speak to a manager. Again, no manager was present and was promised they would call me. A week has passed and still no call.

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel only because customer satisfaction/concerns is not their top priority. I have given them many chances to contact me to resolve my concern and still nothing.

Date of stay: January 2019
3  Thank sr_supreme
00gc, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus High Sierra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2019

Please accept our apologies as well as every assurance that we will work to address your concerns. We typically are very responsive to the needs of our guests, and we are sorry this did not happen during your visit. We value you as our guest, and we hope you will give us another chance to regain your confidence.

Reviewed 10 January 2019 via mobile

We stayed one night for a family ski trip - we have 2 teens. I was pleasantly surprised with the interior cleanliness and materials, finishes and ambient lighting. Much better than expected than my last Best western stay 30 years ago. The breakfast was good and they have grab and go if you are in a rush.

The location is central to the Main Street with shops and restaurants and ski rental places. The kids aren’t too far, maybe 10 min away.

Rooms had plenty of space with a small refrigerator, desk area and we had 2 queens and a small couch. I like the barn doors on the windows and to the bathroom. I Ike the laminate floor - it just seems cleaner than carpet.

We would define stay here again. The price was reasonable compared to everywhere else during ski season.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
00gc, Manager at Best Western Plus High Sierra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2019

Thank you for your nice review of Best Western Plus High Sierra Hotel. We are happy to know your well-equipped room provided you with all the comforts you expected and that you also found us to be a good value. We hope you will choose us again so we can impress you on your next trip as well.

Reviewed 2 January 2019

The property was ok generally. Internet was not very strong -- kept dropping in our room.We had a bad problem with the room having a very strong disinfectant smell that made it hard to sleep.The front desk only offered to spray more disinfectant to "help", to which I said no way.Hotel was full, as were other hotels in area, last week in December, so no other options.Floor was sticky and very very dirty. We used several towels to clean, and they were black after cleaning.

Date of stay: December 2018
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
00gc, Manager at Best Western Plus High Sierra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2019

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit with your family. We are very sorry for the housekeeping issues and the odor in your room. Your comments will be shared with our concerned staff and we will be more diligent in our efforts. We hope you will consider giving us a second chance the next time you are in the area, as we would love the opportunity to provide you with the hospitality you should have experienced. Thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 December 2018

I liked the efficiency I was checked-in, and my request to move to a room with a twin bed was handled. I would love it more if an agent is not only efficient but also friendly with a smile. Especially when you arrived in the dark, and it was a little different to find since the sign at the street is a bit hidden and dark (I did not expect Las Vegas-style illumination - but that was a bit too shy and discretely hidden). But when you find the gas station and identify the backyard as the parking of a hotel, you are at the right place. That would start a personal binding to the hotel and would make me come back. The room itself was beautiful, and you get everything that you needed. It looks freshly renovated. The breakfast could be more delightful and prepared with more friendliness! Also here: a "Good Morning", a "please" and a "thank you" and again a smile and appropriate body language to give the guest that he is welcome and not a solicitor. 25 USD for a lost breakfast coupon is quite high for such a standard. Most disappointing: we asked for a restaurant recommendation since the own restaurant was closed that night. They give us coupons - for each of us - and only one was honored. So an excellent cross-selling activity but it was not very helpful. Whenever you get coupons for Scrotum: ask maybe for another recommendation before you go to a dark hole opposite.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
00gc, Manager at Best Western Plus High Sierra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2018

Thank you for sharing your review of Best Western Plus High Sierra Hotel. We are pleased to read you liked your well-appointed room and that overall you had a good stay. However, we are sorry for the disappointing experience you had due to some of our associates during breakfast. We have taken note of your observations related to our staff and will ensure you leave with a much better impression on your next visit. We hope to host you again.

Reviewed 28 December 2018

Nice hotel and good, clean and renovated rooms. Quick check in and out were really appreciated. Breakfast was included and it was very good, however the hotel was fully booked and there was a waiting line. Hotel employees didn't seem to know exactly what to do to keep the breakfast running, so I think a little more training is necessary.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
00gc, Manager at Best Western Plus High Sierra Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2018

Alexandre, thank you for choosing the Best Western Plus High Sierra Hotel for your recent stay. Your complimentary remarks will be shared with our staff. We are sorry that you experienced a few minor issues, but we are glad to see you left the hotel with a good impression. We will continue to work diligently toward delivering an excellent experience for every guest. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in the area.