“Pleasant surprise”

Hunan Inn
Ranked #259 of 373 Restaurants in Bethlehem
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Stopped here at 10:45 with my wife just on a whim. The place isn't the best or cleanest looking from the outside but they make great food. I mean if your looking to go here don't expect 5 star for the prices you pay.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

I tried this restaurant for lunch with a coworker for the first time recently. The outside looks a little ramshackle, but I've found some of the best meals in the world in so called "dives." So we ventured in.

It'd be nice if the tattoo shop patrons and workers next door weren't all smoking out front and leaning on the parking meters, but once we got inside it was cleaner and neater than I expected.

The server who took our order was gruff. She asked no questions, and as a result I ended up with a lunch special instead of the meal I ordered. If she thought I wanted the lunch special, then I'm not sure why she didn't ask me what options I wanted with it...instead she apparently just chose my options for me.

But the food was reasonably tasty, nice lunch-sized portion, and well priced (like 5 dollars with a soda included).

1  Thank Daniel O
Reviewed 27 March 2011

Bethlehem is by no means the best place for food. They are now known for colleges and the Sands. There are about 4 or 5 Chinese restaurants that deliver to Lehigh University and this is probably the best option although it is by no means good Chinese food. It is at best decent. I would actually prefer Panda Express. However I am from the West Coast so I am very biased when it comes to Asian cuisine. All in all, If you are in town and you have a craving for Chinese this is where you should eat.

My friend recommends the General Tsao Tofu if you're vegetarian. I had the fried dumplings and sesame chicken. Both weren't bad, but they can't compare to Seattle or San Francisco China Town.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 7 May 2008

Pretty good when you have a fast food Chinese food Jones

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook