“Valentine’s Day dinner”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: East Third Street
Description: Tempt your palate with distinctive culinary creations at Emeril's premier restaurant on the East Coast.
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

My honey and I celebrated Valentine’s Day late this year, but Valentine’s Day is every day, right? Emeril’s was amazing. From the moment you walk in, the attention you receive from everyone on staff is phenomenal. Everyone was friendly and accommodating. The restaurant itself is well kept, cozy and beautifully appointed. And the food! My husband had the veal chop - large, well seasoned and perfectly cooked. I had the salmon - so moist and delicious. The sides were so good, too. Tater tots! I’d forgotten they existed and there they were - crisp, savory goodness! Dessert - chocolate chip cookie, warm with a scoop of ice cream! Swoon! Highly, highly recommend Emeril’s at the Sands.

The Adventures of Butch and Mabel continue...

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Dinner was great, my husband had surf and turf , I had scallops which I’ve had before- my favorite at this restaurant.
Upon arrival we were greeted by host and hostess that were very pleasant.
Our waiter just didn’t want to be at work which was apparent. He took our order which was delivered by food runners, never came back to see how our food was, we flagged him down for a drink which he brought back 10 mins later, slammed it on the table, and left us. We didn’t see him again until we asked for our check.
We eat here frequently, and have only had bad service one other time, but this was unacceptable!
TIP:
Waiters/waitresses,if you want a good tip - leave the attitude at home, and remember why you are there. Some customers might be hard to deal with, but a good attitude might make them happy they are spending a lot of money on dinner!

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Service and food were excellent. I was surprised how crowded it was. Still no hurrying and well done.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

After 3 previous almost acceptable visits we made a reservation for a Sat. night only to be seated at the booth by the kitchen ( for the second time) and fortunately were promptly moved when we asked. The table for two appeared lovely, but due to the depth of the table my husband and I were quite far apart. My husband ordered the shrimp cocktail which was fine, but the sauce too thick. My crab patty was very good and served hot. His 7oz. filet mignon served medium rare as requested appeared like a dried out hockey puck and had no moisture nor flavor. I was served the tenderloin tip appetizer as my entree and it was acceptable... Nothing special about it. As for the service, when the sauces were being explained to my husband, a waiter got between them and put a steak knife on my husband;s far side. Our waiter did not come back for quite a while and her assistant cleared the app dishes and we told him my husband would like another glass of wine. Then our waitress appeared and I told her and she said... oh he will get it. He poured a reisling into the glass which was what I was drinking and we only know this because my husband asked. When the waitress returned we told her what occurred and my husband told her it would be ok and he did not want any more wine. She brought over another wine against his wishes and shockingly we were charged for it. We had read some negative reviews, but thought we would try this restaurant one more time. It was disappointing and we will not return. On the plus side we have dined at the Fish House many times, with excellent food and the service is friendly and fabulous. We had a wine error there previously and the staff jumped through hoops to rectify it. There was no fine in this "fine" dining experience.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We took my son to the chop house for his 21st birthday...he especially loves the grand plateau seafood tower! I mentioned that we were there for his 21st at the reception desk and they brought him a special dessert with handmade chocolates and happy birthday written in chocolate without even asking! Their staff is,always attentive and nice! We live going there!

Been to Emeril's Chop House? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK