other travellers have booked this property

Review of Pocono Paradise

Welcome to Poconos Paradise!
Beautiful Nature trails & horseback riding! Family & Friends Fun for all seasons!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
Welcome to Poconos Paradise!
Beautiful Nature trails & horseback riding!
Family & Friends Fun for all seasons!
The Best Ski Slopes are in the Poconos!
Plenty of great Shopping & Restaurants!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Average - based on 3 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
eve k
“Decent place if you have pets and/or kids, but did not meet my expectations for a romantic mountain getaway”
Reviewed 26 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
people found this review helpful

I will start out by saying that I think "Pocono Paradise" would be a fine place to stay if it were less expensive. I paid $250 for one night to stay at this two-bedroom mountain condo. The owners were very friendly and accommodating, and I had no issue with them as people. However, there were several aspects that need improvement before I could say it was worth the price.

First, you have to meet up with the owners to get the keys to enter. This wasn't a huge deal but took some coordination of our schedules. Second, it is a gated community, and each time you enter, you need to give your name and address, which has to be looked up in the system. The owners provided our name a head of time, but somehow one security guard could not find it in the system. I had to call the owner to get this straightened out before being allowed back in to the community. When we left after our stay, the owners wanted to meet up with us again to get the keys back, but in the end, we were able to lock the door and leave the keys inside. I think it would be far more convenient if the owners got a lock box outside for the keys and provided a code so that the renter could check in and out far more easily.

The place itself is a decent size, and you are able to bring pets. It has two good size rooms, small kitchen and a living room. The sheets were clean and the beds relatively comfortable. However, the carpets were not vacuumed, and the place was not overly clean. Again, this would not have been a big deal if it was less expensive. The place was advertised as Pocono Paradise with photos of fancy towels and a highlighted list of amenities such as "hot tub" and "indoor pool." The hot tube and pool are not located at the house but are part of the community. The hours were 12-6 for the pool and hot tub, and it did not work out for our schedule to visit, so I cannot say whether they are nice or not. There is a very large bathtub/hot tub in the bathroom of the condo. We did not try it out because we were worried about it not being clean enough.

In the end, we had a fine time, and would have been acceptable if I did not go into the situation thinking it was going to be nicer than it was. For a night stay with a group of friends crashing at a mountain spot, Pocono Paradise would be a fine place to stay, especially if splitting the cost amongst several friends. It is also nice that you can take your pet with you. It is also a 12 minute drive to Bushkill Falls, so it is a very convenient location. I had different expectations based on the photos and list of amenities for a romantic getaway, and Pocono Paradise fell short for me.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: close proximity to Bushkill Falls
Liked least: not overly clean
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Management Response
10 Nov 2015
We thank you for your positive feedback & recommendation for families & small pets. I want you to know that we always strive to make our guest visit a priority &
thats why we welcome & check them in
personally & do a walk through of home,
while answering any questions. More of a
personal touch then a locked box. We
understood you were rushing to Bushkill
falls that day, which you enjoyed. We have a lockbox as well for early checking outs. I have spoken to the security gate on faster entrance of my guest, they pride themselves on keeping the area safe. When it comes to cleanliness the townhouse & the jacuzzi was spotless, wish u did the welcome walk thru so i could've pointed it out. The Price is seasonal & has dropped now as many rentals you find are priced according to season & size, maybe it was too roomy for two ppl & you required a small place for two but your pet was happy with space & beautiful outdoor landscape. Thanks again, it was our pleasure having you stay with us.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$ 99
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing