Open today: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Beautiful but......

Beautiful place but beware--- anyone with physical limitations will most likely find it extremely... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Susan S
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Beautiful falls

It’s a beautiful place to visit. Kids enjoyed the hike and the view. I visited it in early spring... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
909wafias
via mobile

1,802 results
All reviews red trail paddle boats day trip great hike bring water steep steps gift shop admission fee snack bar take your time maintained trails natural beauty mini golf hiking boots beautiful scenery picnic tables parking lot
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 November 2020 via mobile

I read some reviews in which the staff was rude and yelling at people to wear masks.
All the staff was very kind, and there was no yelling of any sort.

However, once inside the grounds, I would say about 30% of people were NOT wearing masks even when they are just a few feet away from you. I understand that some areas allow you to be at least 6 feet apart and can social distance safely. However, people would walk right past you on narrow roadways without any mask in sight. Unfortunately, there is not a way to enforce wearing masks unless you have staff throughout the ground babysitting people during a pandemic.

Other than that, I did enjoy my visit. On a Saturday, I would say the parking lot was completely filled by 11AM. I made sure to get there earlier and bought my tickets online to avoid the long line at the ticket office.

Reviewed 8 November 2020

Drove over 2 hours to visit today, as it was a warm fall day. We got there later than planned due to traffic but figured it was still early enough at 3pm since the website said they were open until 5. Once in line, we were told we could buy tickets but need to vacate the property by 4pm, which would not give us time to see everything without rushing. Why even keep selling tickets at $18/pop when you're telling me I have 30 minutes to go through a trail that typically takes 2 hours, according to your website?! The website should clarify early closings. We were not the only ones that left the line frustrated, there were many, without buying tickets because the website stated that they were open until 5. While we were in line, the guy at the ticket counter was rude and was literally shouting and banging on the glass yelling at us while we were contemplating whether we wanted to just leave or not. I'm not sure I ever would want to waste my time going back here, just because of this guy's rudeness! Customer service is definitely not a priority here and it was definitely a wasted trip for us!

Reviewed 8 November 2020 via mobile

I undsrstand people want to see this place. But it is not worth it. The staff that i interacted with, very very rude. The mask being required to wear outside where distancing can be obtained, is a joke. I AM IN THE OUTDOORS.

On top of covid, the cost was very expensive for a family of 4.

Reviewed 2 November 2020

Completely blew my expectations!

What beautiful falls and really well maintained trails.

I did the red trail and got to see so many beautiful falls in addition to the main one. Highly recommend! I'll be back in the spring to see it in bloom.

Reviewed 29 October 2020

Overall my friend and I had a nice trip at Bushkill. We did the longest trail, the red trail and took us about 3 hours to complete the entire loop. that's with stopping a few times to look at the falls and scenery. The trails were easy to navigate without any extra hiking gear. I recommend a good pair of trail shoes or hiking boots. You could get by with regular running/tennis shoes but some areas are slick so the more traction you have the better. The red trail is a little over 2 miles and you will climb up and down many flights of steps so don't let the short distance fool you. The trails are marked fairly well and kept us on track. Would like to see better signs or clearer directions. Got a bit confusing near the end. Also I suggest that some of their single steps be marked with a yellow or bright colored paint to indicate sudden drops or inclines. I must have tripped a couple times and watched others trip over steps as well. The falls are nice and pretty much what you see on the web site. I haven't been to many parks in PA so don't really have anything to compare them too. For the price of $18 pp I thought was a little high since most State Parks only charge a small fee to enter but I can see that these trails must need a lot of maintenance and upkeep and it is privately owned. Since we went during Covid, masks are required the entire time you are on the trail and for the most part people were abiding by the rules. I'm 50 and not in the best shape and had no issues breathing w the mask on. We went on a Saturday so the park was pretty crowded. Get there early so you can beat the heavy crowds. It was packed by the time we left. The web site mentioned a food stand but we only saw a place that sold ice cream and fudge. Not sure if the food shack was closed or we just missed it.

Overall we had a great time and I would recommend checking this place out if you want to see some nice falls and enjoy nature.

Date of experience: October 2020