Boonshoft Museum of Discovery
Open today: 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Worth the drive on a rainy day!

When traveling with a large family rain can ruin things quickly. I have kids ranging from older... read more

Reviewed 19 August 2018
Jennifer H
Detroit, Michigan
Fun place for kids, especially 4 year olds

The Boonshoft Museum of Discovery is a great place for kids to learn and play by exploring the... read more

Reviewed 17 August 2018
Austin S
Ohio
via mobile

All reviews live animals all ages climbing area water table planetarium shows hands on activities zoo area mini zoo small animals water area rainy day family membership zoo membership older kids little bit of everything lots of fun interactive exhibits
Reviewed 19 August 2017

As an adult, I was captivated by the interactive exhibits, the bird feeders hanging just outside the windows, and the detailed but simply-worded explanations of nature and science. My five-year-old son would have stayed in the Tower all day, though, climbing up net ropes and sliding down twisty slides.

Apart from the Tower, my son's favorite part was the planetarium show we watched, Flying Monsters, which was about pterosaurs. It was about 40 minutes long, and it was produced in such a way that it held my child's attention and mine. We both learned new things, too (which is saying a lot for my dino-loving kid).

We only had a couple of hours here, but I suspect that we'll come back the next time we're in town.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

We go here frequently with our younger son and teenagers and we always have a great time. It offers lots of hands on activities and has a small zoo and aquarium with a touch center for sea creatures. It may be small in size but offers big fun for all ages.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

our first time here..so we didn't know what to expect..we took our 2 year old grandson and he had a blast..most attractions was at his eye level

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Visited here with some friends from out of town. I have to say that it's awesome they give a nice military discount. There is so much to do that you could spend a whole day and still have stuff to do. The animals are so cute!! They also had a nice area where you can pet sea animals. They have a big water area and legos and so much more!! I definite must do in the area!

1  Thank icatsyree
Reviewed 4 August 2017

Took my 2 kids 4 and 7 to the museum we hadn't been in a while. I have to say I felt like it was very run down. The zoo is smaller and due to construction hard to get through. The Exhibits upstairs are a mess (probably mostly due to construction.) The Water play area didn't have but 5 or 6 plastic boats and due to a daycare there it was over crowded. My kids had a good time. Which is the most important thing, but for the price I felt as though I could have gone to the park with a box of legos and had just as much fun! Will not go again for a long time. They need to close for a couple of days and do a complete overhaul and cleaning for it to even come close to the price they charge to get in.