Knights Inn Dayton North
Hampton.com
US$ 165
US$ 134
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 176/night.

US$ 90
Country Inn
US$ 160
US$ 121
Courtyard
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 154/night.

US$ 101
US$ 123
Hampton.com
US$ 119
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 139/night.

US$ 81
US$ 112
US$ 90
US$ 101
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

I am a tough girl and have stayed at a lot of mediocre motels, but this one actually made me cry. It smelled terrible like smoke and funk. The only thing clean was the sheets. There were fingerprints all over mirrors, unknown stains all over the furniture and dresser and no lock on the window (just a stick to keep it closed). There were no other area hotels available or we would have moved immediately. We slept with all the lights on and tried not to touch anything. We actually saw a half naked woman streak across the parking lot. The police drove through the parking lot several times, so I assume it is a high crime area. Save yourself some grief and don't book here!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
KnightsInnDayton, Manager at Knights Inn Dayton North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Thank you for writing a review about Knights Inn Dayton. We sincerely apologize that the hotel did not meet your expectations. We are currently undergoing a renovation to change all furniture and much more. Our hotel is located in a very safe area please check data before making assumptions. Upon checking our cameras we did see half naked guest who had rented couple of the jacuzzi rooms for their birthday. We welcome you back when the renovation is complete. Come see us we will make sure that your next stay will be excellent.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

After a Greyhound ride, my partner and I needed a cheap place to stay for the night just to get some rest. We chose the Knights Inn, it was the cheapest place in Dayton and the pictures didn't look too bad. It was on hotels.com so we figured it couldn't be too bad. Were we ever wrong! To begin, we stepped into the office which was clearly an old room that they converted into an office. We were greeted by a kid behind the desk about 20 years old who seemed like he was high on speed said "welcome to McDonald's, how may I help you?" Although I was in shock at how unprofessional he was I went along with the joke and said I'd like a Big Mac and fries. He said "what would you like to drink? We have window cleaner, floor cleaner...." So that was my first impression. Not the best. The walk down the hallway was very dark and had the vibe of a dungeon and had a foul, peculiar smell. It felt like a scene from a horror movie. We entered the room (160) and it was NOTHING like the pictures shown. It was very dark, dingy, and dirty. The king size bed was stiff and springy and had 2 flat little pillows on it. It didn't have bed bugs though, so that was good. The wall had a hole that a former tenant had apparently put there and the door casing had a piece falling off. I can't believe someone would let a place get that bad, it's a lot of little things that wouldn't take much time nor money to fix but little things that could drastically improve it. The place has potential if the right people bought it and fixed it up, but the current owners obviously don't care about it. So anyways, I'm glad I brought a bottle of bathroom cleaner with me because the bathtub didn't look like it had ever been cleaned. The washrag was brown after cleaning one wall in the bathtub, and the soap scum in the tub was disgusting. The whole room felt like a dungeon with the dark lighting and yellowing walls from years of cigarette smoke and no new paint. Fortunately I also brought a can of Glade spray because otherwise I wouldn't have been able to handle the overwhelming stench of the room. After being in the room for about 45 minutes we both noticed that our noses were feeling stuffy and we couldn't breathe well, so I turned off the A/C unit and took out the filter. It was completely covered in black dirt. I immediately took the whole casing and filter to the bathtub and gave it a shower and cleaned out the filters, which I don't think had been done since the building was built. The tub was filled with dirt from the filters afterwards, which I am attaching photos of. In hindsight I  should have took pictures of the actual filter beforehand. We could finally breathe after that. Needless to say neither of us took a bath after that because it never did drain completely and I wasn't about to spend the entirety of my stay performing free labor that the people who work there should have done. The next morning, we woke up after checkout time since what sleep we did get was quite poor and minimal to say the least. The rude Middle Eastern guy at the door who knocked said "Checkout time 11 AM! Room needs to be cleaned!" I then responded that we were packing up and leaving, and the room should have been cleaned BEFORE they checked us into it which it obviously wasn't! I called the front desk and told the same kid who checked us in to please tell the dothead at the door to please be patient because we were packing and have a lot of stuff. He responded by saying "Dothead? You need to get the (expletive) out now you crackhead (expletives)!" About 10 seconds later our room door flew open and there he was shouting at us to get the (expletive) out and threatened to "chop off our heads" and called us gay (expletives). Meanwhile my partner who was naked was telling him to get out and that he was getting dressed. He just stood there and kept looking and kept making threatening obscene comments, and then got out his phone and said that he was gonna put this (expletive) on Facebook, whatever that meant. In the process he kicked one of our bags which had our laptop and tablets in it, thankfully nothing got broken. My partner said "hey my laptops in there" and then the guy said that he had a laptop too and said that we were immature and lazy for not being awake for checkout time. Eventually he left the room and my partner finished getting dressed, and we gladly left this dilapidated dump. We will NEVER return and don't recommend anyone to make the mistake of booking this crackden!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

This hotel should be removed from the list !!!
We got first room . No telephone no coffee maker ... old TV set without remote . Flooding in bathroom . We got another room . No electricity . Water standing on bathroom floor . Third room was no flooding but as above nothing included . We stay . Hotel was paid through phone reservation on hotels.com no refunds . Survived till 6 am . No coffee in main entrance ( it's not a lobby ) hotel should be locked !!!!!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2017

Discusting is all I can say. I should have checked before paying Hallways stunk of smoke and urine. We had to pay $5.00 extra for our dog to stay and he even did not want to stand on the floor of our room as he jumped on the bed every chance he had.
Bedspread was stained with who knows what. I slept in our motorhome and only used the shower in the morning on departure.

Room Tip: stay as far away as possible.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2017

other then the front desk people (Family) was not there after 8pm ,, The rooms i set up were good but you had to go up a lot of stair to the 2nd floor,, you have to ask them to give you more clean towels.

Room Tip: talk to the Family to get a good room
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business