“Awesome staff, great location”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South
Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Dayton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 July 2011

We spent 2 weeks at this hotel for business and have nothing but positive things to say regarding the staff, service and the hotel itself. Matt was exceptionally helpful, the room we REQUESTED, not booked, was unavailable on the first night but we were moved promptly once the king room became available. The front staff are very friendly, they provide you with a map of the local area and endeavour to give as much information as requested. The hotel itself is a standard country inn and suites - if you stay in this hotel chain you will notice they are pretty much all the same - you get what you pay for, it's not the hilton. It's located near the mall and many restaurants. Breakfast was great and on one of the weekends there were multiple wedding parties staying at the hotel and the staff made every effort to keep the kids quiet - not their responsibility!! Look after your own children people!! - and kept the party together so as not to disturb other guests. Thanks Dayton South Country Inn and Suites for making our multiple night stay more like visiting some friends.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
christine_jendrusik, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2011

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inns & Suites we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South

Reviewed 8 July 2011

I had reservations at this property on July 2 and July 3 because we were relocating to the area. However, we decided to do an impromptu trip to London England.
I cancelled the reservations only to be charged for one of the reservations the next day.

When I called the hotel, both the front desk clerk, Tammy and the GM, Chris were very rude and nasty.

The property is a nice hotel but the service sucks!

I did return to the hotel July 4 for 2nts. Since they did get some money out of me, you would think that they would be gracious and refund me the $56.00 that they charged for a night that was canceled.

I can see why they may be hard up for money. Their service sucks so no one wants to return to their property. I will make sure that my travelers know not to stay at this property for those reasons.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank TMC923
christine_jendrusik, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Dayton South, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2011

I want to apologize that you were not aware of our cancellation policy.

Reviewed 30 May 2011

Positives -
1.) hotel was close to I-75 and the business location where I was going to be the next day (south Dayton, near WPAFB).
2.) Check-in fairly uneventful, standard Country Inn & Suites lobby / breakfast layout;
3.) Breakfast was good.

Negatives -
1.) Requested (both thru CI&S website and via phone call) a King Room, but when check-in was given a 2 standard size bed room,
2.) Walls are literally paper thin. There was a party in the next room, and I heard literally everything. I called the front desk when the hammering started and stated that either the party needed to end or I needed another room. The party continued for another hour and a half.
3.) There is a full inch and a half gap in most doors on the hallway - this lets in every sound in the hallway ALL NIGHT,
4.) The room furnishings appeared to be dated (not the norm for a CI&S); there was a distinct lack of electrical plugs in and around the working desk area. Most of the other CI&S that I've stayed at have plugs on the bases of the lights - not here.

It is impossible to have a productive meeting when you don't get to bed until 0100 in the morning. It could have just been a "one off" event, but I would not stay at this hotel again. Too many others in the area to choose from.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank txboiler1
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Our stay was above average at this hotel. Room was very clean and comfortable, however the room is on the smaller size. Enjoyed the sitting area with TV on the second floor where we could sit after the kids went to bed. Room had a microwave and fridge. Breakfast was good; staff was helpful and friendly. Drawbacks for me were the smaller size of the room; thin walls (we could hear everything in the noisy room next to us at 12:45 a.m.) and the very heavy comforter on the bed made sleeping a little less comfortable - the mattress was comfy however. The kids used the pool and the water was temp was quite warm, which they enjoyed.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank leaners2002
Reviewed 7 April 2011

We stayed here for two nights. my daughter's hight school drumline was competing in Dayton and we booked the hotel because this is where the drumline was staying....Ok..I will admit the reason I had never stayed in a country inn is that I had a preconceived notion about it...thought it would be dirty, old, dingy, roadside,cheap hotel. I stand corrected. It was clean. The carpeting was new. The bedding appeared to be clean. High speed wireless internet. Newly remodled. Clean laundry facilities. A family room type area with sofas and books and chairs...( you have to care about your guests when you give up space that could be at least a couple of rooms bringing in money and set it up for your guests comfort..) BRAVO! Kids enjoyed the cookies...nice dining area (breakfast provided, but we are not breakfast people and did not partake). Coffee and tea was always available and it was good too. Ok.. no more assuming about accomadations (not as much anyway)....I hope all the Country Inns are this nice.
The only two little complaints I have are that the first room they sent us to did not have a fridge....it had a space for one, but no fridge. As soon as I called down to front desk Eric gave me a new room accross the hall with fridge. Also a previous guest had draped a used washcloth over the curtain rod and it was still there when I got in the shower...kind of gross. Nontheless I would very much recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family