All reviewsfront porchlincoln roomfresh fruitstuffed french toastfilled with beautiful antiquesbreakfast was deliciousfine antiquescharming victorianlocal historyslept like babiesprivate bathperfect place to stayspent two nightsother guestshiking trailsking bedpine mountain state park
Reviewed 2 November 2016

Cumberland Manor is an old mansion with a lot of charm and character. Jill did a wonderful job decorating it with period furniture and many small details that make it seem like a home rather than a commercial business. We were a party of 6, including a seven year-old and a teenager. We had the entire third floor to ourselves. One room had its own bathroom and the other 2 shared. There were plenty of games for the kids and a large porch where the adults hung out after a day of sightseeing. As other reviews have said, Jill is a gracious and friendly host with many suggestions on what to see in the area and where to eat. She was wonderful with the kids and even got the teenager thinking about opening his own bed and breakfast someday. Cumberland Gap National Park is very close.

I'm so glad that we stayed here. It is great for families and is much more interesting and fun than a hotel.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
cumberlandmanorb, Owner at The Cumberland Manor B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

I loved having you guys...and the kids were so good! I enjoyed them very much. Hopefully you can come back for one of the reasons enactments in the future and more jam, too lol!!!

Reviewed 28 October 2016

The Cumberland Manor B&B is a great place to spend with Jill and enjoy the accommodations of the place by spending a night or so there. my wife and I spent 10-26-16 there. Jill is a regular person, pleasant in all ways, who is willing to go the extra mile to make your stay a happy one. She is great to converse with, an attentive listener, with a great deal of knowledge. She serves a delicious breakfast, and sets with you at the breakfast table, after serving you, of course. You will enjoy her doing so. Give yourself an unusual treat and stay at her home. (I am not paid to say this and am not a relative or close friend. I am just one who saw this at first hand.) Stan

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
cumberlandmanorb, Owner at The Cumberland Manor B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2016

You were both a pleasure to have. I enjoyed our conversations! I hope you will find time in the future to visit again....unless you would rather camp in a leaky teepee in the desert...lol! Happy Holidays to you both and thank you again for coming!

Reviewed 23 October 2016

This is the prettiest bed & breakfast I've ever stayed at. I loved the spacious yet cozy rooms and the Halloween decorations made it feel like home. My sister, cousin & I shared a room that was very comfortable and quiet. We loved sitting outside on the veranda taking in the beautiful surroundings. The location of The Cumberland Manor is up on a hill and the view of the mountains and fall colors made it even more special. Thank you Jill, for being such a warm & friendly hostess. You are a terrific cook! The breakfasts were delicious as well as the buffet dinner of lasagna & salad you made for our family. I really look forward to coming back, this time with my husband!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
cumberlandmanorb, Owner at The Cumberland Manor B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2016

This was a treat for me as well!!! I loved having the whole family together in the house sharing your fun and memories. It would be so awesome to see you again and spend time together. Until then, Happiest wishes of the coming holidays and love to all!!!

Reviewed 16 October 2016

We had a wonderful weekend in this mountain gem--- Ky, Tn, and Va come together at the Cumberland Gap. The Cumberland Manor was just the right place for us. It is up high overlooking Middlesboro, and one can breathe the mountain air and see not only the town below but the mountains all around. The food was delicious, and our hostess could not have been nicer. She went out of her way to make us feel at home; just let me sit on the front porch in the sun with my cup of tea and my book, or helped us to get to know the other visitors. A delight!

Room Tip: Chat with Jill and let her know what you want. Second floor spacious, third floor smaller but cozier.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
cumberlandmanorb, Owner at The Cumberland Manor B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2016

Thanks so much for posting a review! I know it takes some time but it is so helpful! You and your husband were a delight to have and I enjoyed getting to know you both.I'm so glad you had a good time and found some peaceful relaxing porch time! Imhoping our paths will meet again!
Thanks again

Reviewed 26 August 2016

My husband and I decided to spend a weekend at Cumberland Gap. We booked a room at Cumberland Manor Bed & Breakfast. This place is a hidden jem in Middlesboro, KY. The owner, Jill, was very sweet and informative about the area. The house was beautiful, clean, and the area it is located is quiet and peaceful. We stayed in the Roosevelt Room on the second floor. This room has a private bathroom. Jill makes breakfast in the morning. Unfortunately my husband and I aren't early risers so we weren't able to enjoy breakfast. Jill does allow small dogs so our beagle mix was able to join us on our weekend trip. I have to say staying at Cumberland Manor Bed & Breakfast made our trip absolutely wonderful!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
cumberlandmanorb, Owner at The Cumberland Manor B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2016

I enjoyed visiting with you both and hope that future plans include me possibly on the way to your new southern home! Maybe we'll visit you there!!! Thank you again for staying. It was a pleasure and your dog was so quiet I never even knew she was there!