“Great stay, as expected”

Courtyard Newport News Yorktown
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Yorktown
Bristow
“Great stay, as expected”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

The Courtyard is a great brand, and you can't go wrong staying there. This was no exception. The room was great. The check-in was quick and easy. Everything was perfectly done. I understand they were preparing to renovate the week following our stay. It was already a great place and should be even better when they are done.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank LaxDadOf3
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 February 2012

We stayed here last weekend as part of a large group. Overall the stay was fine. The room was clean and spacious. Three things, however, are worth mentioning about the hotel. I will start with the positive: the staff there was so nice and accommodating. I have to especially point out the woman at the front desk when we checked in. I cannot recall her name but I think it started with a "Z" and I know she is originally from Alabama. She was, literally, one of the nicest people I have ever met. After a six hour drive on a Friday night, she was so welcoming, it almost felt like we had come home. So, if you Marriott folks read this, please recognize her. I also met the maid one morning and she was super nice as well.

My complaint is one that will end soon but, nonetheless, did effect the stay. The entire hotel was under construction. I mean entire hotel. The lobby, restaurant and pool were closed. However, so were most of the rooms, apparently scattered throughout the hotel. It was very hard to summon the elevator because it usually had carts of drywall or tile in it. At one point I opened my door and practically walked straight into a cart of tile sheets. Also, luckily I was tired enough Friday night after the drive for it not to keep me awake but I did fall asleep listening to drywall sheets being dragged across the floor in the room directly above me at 10:30 at night!

My other complaint was about the electrical in the room. It was just weird. There were not enough lights. The light in the entry which used the switch by the door only came on half the time. The light at the mirror/sink was so dim it was very difficult to put on makeup and the light in the bathroom was so dim that once you closed the shower curtain, you practically were showering in the dark. Finally, there were too few outlets and one that was there was somehow too big and our phone chargers just kept falling out of it.

For what we were there for, the location was good. We were there for a volleyball tournament so having nearby fast food restaurants, grocery stores and drug stores was great.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Stacey086
Reviewed 8 February 2012

One of the very best experiences I have had and I travel alot. Very accomodating and friendly staff, right down to the housekeeping personell.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Vicklyn
Muskegon, Michigan
Reviewed 7 February 2012

This was my first visit Yorktown and I couldn't be more pleased with the service. All of the staff were extremely friendly and went out of their way to make sure that my stay was great. I will definitely be staying here when I come back in May....and any other time I return to the area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Phil N
Muskegon, Michigan
Reviewed 7 February 2012

I travel for a living and visit this hotel at least once a month with my entire staff, normally about five rooms and the entire staff is always friendly, fast, courteous

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yorktown
0.8 km away
Staybridge Suites Newport News-Yorktown
0.7 km away
Candlewood Suites Newport News
0.8 km away
Hampton Inn Newport News-Yorktown
3.2 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point)
0.2 km away
TownePlace Suites Newport News Yorktown
1.0 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Newport News
Hilton Garden Inn Newport News
#3 of 38 in Newport News

Been to Courtyard Newport News Yorktown? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK