“Meat and 3 Veg Specials Each Day. Salad and Soup Bar Nice and Fresh.”

Park Place Restaurant
Reviewed 11 August 2017

For food, Park Place is an odd mixture of good and bad in a typical American-Southern diner atmosphere. I love the salad and soup bar. It's reasonably priced and fresh every time I go. It can be ordered as a side for a little extra. However, I've been disappointed several times on other food there. The chicken salad is too full of pickle relish; Mom's slaw tasted like plain cabbage with no mayo; the potato salad is a little tart, but okay; the "baked apples" seem like canned, spiced apples. Today, we got remarkably tough fried codfish, almost inedible. (I didn't even know you could get tough fish! Perhaps their food service substituted grouper or something. We did not complain, but I will never order their codfish again). Hushpuppies had a bit of sweet pepper and might be "homemade"; they were pretty good, but not great--maybe a little overcooked today. The cornbread was rather flabby two days in a row (not slightly crisp and mouth watering, as it should be). Service was a little slow today, but they were pretty busy. Very nice, polite, friendly wait staff, always so in my experience--definite Southern hospitality. Honestly, they could stand a rethink of some of their recipes to be a really nice stop for travelers seeking comfort foods en route to Chickamauga Battlefield.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

The restaurant was clean in appearance. Got seated quickly. Slow to get waited n for order. Watress was fairly attentive.. Got food fairly quick. Food cooked well, left to eat, no refills on water or ask about order. Had to get attention for vinegar for greens, finally.

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Very nice family restaurant with very good food for a great price. We knew it was a good place when we saw two families leaving with doggie bags! Chicken parm was amazing!

Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Food similar to what our family ate on regular basis. Nicely prepared and well seasoned. Excellent quality and value. Highly recommend

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

First we ordered drinks, one coke, a water and a unsweetened tea. We sent the tea back three times because it was sweet tea. The last time she brought it we just kept it because we were tired of asking about it. I got the chicken tenders platter with the salad bar and fries. The other two people got burgers fries and onion ring. The burgers were ok. My fries I had to ask for twice and my chicken tenders were like rubber. When we went to check out I questioned the check and all we got was it seemed made up prices on things. The prices were not even correct or was confusing in the menu. How this place got good ratings I am shocked. I one thing I can say is the salad bar was good.

1  Thank Amy B