“Great place for Chikamauga/Chattanooga destination”

Super 8 FT. Oglethorpe GA/Chatt TN Area
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Fort Oglethorpe
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great place for Chikamauga/Chattanooga destination”
Reviewed 7 November 2010

This a great place for the money, I mainly went to visit Chikamauga battlefied, which is only about 5 minutes away, and downtown Chattanooga is about 15 minutes away. The place was very clean and had a microwave and nice size refrigerator(both spotlessly clean), staff was very pleasant and helpful with directions to local attractions. A supermarket , drugstore, local independent food joints and any fast food joint available in the U.S. is on a strip called Battlefied Parkway which is a minute from the motel. Dowtown Chattanooga is wonderful too, lots of nice local food choices, the river front area is a must, I think this is area has the most friendly and helpful people I have met while on a vacation......Go here you wont be disappointed!!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Tom60993
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Lexington, TN
Reviewed 4 November 2010

Nothing fancy, but nice enough for anyone. Impressed by how clean everything was. The fridge and microwave were both spotless. Sheets were clean. Checked for bed bugs first thing and found nothing. Beds were comfortable, but could use some fatter pillows. Breakfast was better than a lot of free Continental breakfasts I've had. Biscuits and gravy ~ yes!!! :) Staff friendly and efficient. When I go back to Chattanooga, I will be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank longleggedgal56
Milwaukee
Reviewed 17 March 2010

This hotel was a little bit off of the interstate, but we decided to make a stop there commuting between Macon, GA and our home (had family with me on this biz trip). For what we paid, this place was worth it. Very comfortable beds, a decent breakfast bar, clean accommodations, and a room that you feel you can rest comfortably in for the night. The only thing we could find wrong with our stay was that the deadbolt in the door would pop open every time you opened the door. It seemed like a regular problem, as the front desk clerk was able to instruct me over the phone how to get the door closed (a bit cumbersome) with the intruding deadbolt. Other than that, a nice place to stay for a reasonable price.

One word of advise - DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU ARE TOWING A TRAILER!!! If you do, be sure you park somewhere else. The exit to the hotel is SO steep on an incline that even my 8 foot cargo trailer bottomed out on the driveway - and I took my time. I would up having to stop at a mechanic in Tennessee to have some minor repairs done, as it tore my electrical connections out of place with the angle coming out of the driveway.

(I travel all over the country with my job, and I contribute on EVERY hotel I stay in. Trip Advisor has been a great tool for me, and I contribute fairly, for both good and bad facilities.)

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank FunnyFisher
Canada
Reviewed 10 October 2009

The reception clerk Desiree was most friendly and courteous. Our rooms were lovely - nicely decorated and furnished. Everything was super-clean and the beds were comfy. Breakfast was served in a clean dining room. The food selection was kept replenished by a very friendly and effiecient lady. We came to Fort Oglethorpe to visit the nearby battlefields and this hotel is in a great location for this.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank CanadianDolphin09
Michigan
Reviewed 17 July 2009

stayed here for 2 nights in mid June for $54/night. Can't complain about that. A couple negatives to speak of:
1) pool is a bit small
2) carpets were very dirty
3) breakfast was VERY poor

Morning workers were not near as good as the evening girl that was working. Both mornings, the majority of breakfast items were empty.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
5.5 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
10.8 km away
Hampton Inn Ringgold-Ft. Oglethorpe

Been to Super 8 FT. Oglethorpe GA/Chatt TN Area? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK