Crowne Plaza Ventura Beach
Comfort Inn Ventura Beach(Ventura)(Great Value!)
US$ 159
US$ 142
ComfortInn
US$ 178
  • Breakfast included
US$ 100
US$ 111
US$ 108
Best Western Plus Inn Of Ventura(Ventura)(Great Value!)
US$ 156
Amanzi Hotel(Ventura)
US$ 130
Ventura Beach Marriott(Ventura)(Great Value!)
US$ 275
US$ 212
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 237/night.

US$ 238
US$ 217
US$ 196
US$ 178
FourPoints.com
  • Pool
Crystal Lodge Motel(Ventura)(Great Value!)
US$ 100
US$ 97
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 110/night.

1,389 results
All reviewsfire pitventura beachlobby barbike rentalsview of the oceanwalking distance to downtownmain streetnombalconysurferspromenadeamtrakihgalohacaliforniaproximitycoast
Reviewed 11 April 2007

I used to stay at this hotel many years ago it was then a Holiday Inn. Anyway, booked it only for one night to spend the day on the beach with my son. Room was nice...small (especially the bathroom..no counters) but a nice view. I asked for the room closest to the beach because I was familar with the trains. OK so it is my fault that I left my diamond earrings and mexican fire opel necklace on the nice little glass table in the room! But wow, did I get the runaround when I called to see where they had them...First they would not call me back and then they gave to the head of housekeeping, voicemail, and when they did not call, I called the next day to be told that she doesn't work their anymore! When I asked for the manager,nicely, realizing that it was totoally MY fault, I was told that the manager would not be in for 4 more days! OK it's Easter vacation so maybe he's gone??? We'll no call back and I'm really sad. I really don;t care that I heard the trains all night. I just want my stuff. They take it and then they lie about it. I did leave the manager a voicemail saying that he should know the knid of people he has working for him but I don't think that matters....It was my fault after all.

Stayed: April 2007
2  Thank SunshineGiirl
Reviewed 10 April 2007

I absolutely love Ventura and I was so happy to see the old Holiday Inn get a makeover. What a gorgeous new decor. The hotel staff was fantastic - especially Nick our bellman. I thought it was great that I could hang out in the lobby with my dog and run him on the beach and then dine at the outdoor restaurant with no issue whatsoever. All of the dog owners I encountered were very polite and considerate.

The rooms are small and they barely fit the two double beds. They do provide earplugs, but I have to say that NOTHING blocks the blast of the train at 3 a.m. It took some getting used to. You can't even leave your balcony door open due to the freeway noise. What a shame because the ocean breeze was lovely. Also there was a wedding on that Saturday night and I could hear everyone who stumbled down our hallway that night. They need to do something about that.

The restaurant downstairs is new and they are doing their best. I thought breakfast was a little overpriced (but what hotel isn't these days). My breakfast both days was bland and lukewarm. I have heard better things about their dinners and the Aloha Steakhouse across the promenade is fantastic.

So I guess if you love to travel with your dog, run on an empty beach at dawn and a the whistle of a train can be made to sound romantic, then this place is for you. Otherwise, buyer beware.

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with family
5  Thank tiflabruno
Reviewed 27 March 2007

We stayed here because of family in Ventura. They had mentioned that the property had been recently renovated and we thought that would be great to stay on the beach as opposed to the harbor and it was about 10-12 stories high and we wanted a room on the upper floors with a view of the ocean.

The hotel indeed sits right on the beach, but the windows of the rooms face north and south and the ocean is on the west so you get a sort of sideways view of the ocean. The coast winds around in a curve shape and you don't see much from the south side other than the pier and the small amount of coast up to Ventura Harbor.

We had a much nicer view of the interstates which were appoximately 200 feet from our room and our room was the furthest from the interstate compared with the other rooms. We also had a fantastic view of the Amtrack train and another regular freight train.

The location was convenient to everything going on in Ventura and Santa Barbara. It was also easy to find.

The grounds were nicely kept and landscaped and the parking lot and entrance were clean as was the street. I was told that it was safe in the area, but to NOT to go out at night on the boardwalk by the beach. It did seem quite safe during the day, although there were some "street people" and I do believe I saw a drug deal being made on the boardwalk at night about 1am.

We were pleased with the decor of the lobby and registration desk which were very contemporarily designed with mirrors and I think , glass tiles and a fun stainless steel used throughout along with brightly colored glass accessories.

There was a lounge and I believe a tapas resturant in the front of the hotel which had a fantastic view of the ocean. We did not use their services, but the food smelled wonderful.

We got to our room and were really looking forward to relaxing after a hectic trip there and had our hopes built up after talking to the reservation operator the night before.

She had really played up the fact that even though Crown Plaza was owned by Holiday Inn that it was upscale in comparison. The main thing that stuck in my mind was the bed linen conversation.
Walking into the room, we were surprised at how small the room was (we had just stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at the Ventura Harbor and the rooms were enormeous).The room was clean and decorated nicely in what I would call a transitional style. The furniture was a light cherry with a high back king size sleigh bed. The armoire was the same cherry with a parquet like embellishment on the front of the cabinet.

There was a chair and ottoman that was nicely covered with a silk type fabric that had a ? water stain on the seat and the matching ottoman was setting on top of a burn on the carpet of this no smoking room; which by the way was a problem at times. There was a very strong smell of cigarette smoke coming through the vents on the first 2 days we were there.

Yes, the linens on the bed were really nice, however they were the same as those at the Holiday Inn Express which we had just left. There was a burgandy organza gift bag lying on the bed of which the contents would become a source of jokes later in our stay.

Included in the organza pouch were earplugs, howbeit not large enough to block out the noice for which it was intended, linen spray, an eyemask, & a CD to aid in one getting a restful night's sleep.

The problem with this was the Amtrack train which ran hourly 24hours daily...hourly in a southern direction and as they came down the tracks they blew their horn I am sure to just say hello as they were passing... again, hourly, on the hour, 24 hours a day.

If you like trains, you would like this place as there is also another train that runs north and it is a regular freight train that also is very friendly and likes to sound it's horn also... hourly at night.

We were unable to enjoy the balcony because you couldn't take the noise. It was truly unbearable. I had the door open for a short time on our first day, but ended up slamming it shut after the deafening noise.

I also forgot to mention the fact of the nearness to a hospital so you also get the ambulance sirens and there are also a large
number of motorcycles in the area that people like to ride to the montains and the beach.

This noise all seemed to just reverberate off the interstate that as I said was about 200 ft. from the hotel.

There weren't earplugs big enough. And when you can hear the people in the next room belch then you know maybe they skipped on the insulation just a little.

Ok, for the positives. We did use room service and the food was surprisingly good. The employess were for the most part friendly with the exception of the front desk who seemed a little stuffy (well, at least the ones on the weekend).

I have to say, however that upon our arrival we needed to check in early and the front desk did make an effort to accomodate us as quickly as possible for which I am grateful.

We also did eat at the hotel resturant one night. We were the only ones there until we were leaving. The food was fair. They were open just about two weeks after remodeling and a menu makeover.

I got a corn chowder soup which was made from the abundance of fresh local produce. The soup was good, but it needed to be a little hotter as the oil in the soup separated and was sitting on top of my soup before finished. Hubby got a steak that was on the menu some sort of New York strip that was not tender at all.

I also ordered a baby greens salad with beets, walnuts, and goat cheese, but the dressing was not applied correctly so the greens were dry. I also ordered a side dish of lavendar carrots. They were so hard that I couldn't eat them. They had a good flavor, but I almost sent them sailing across the room trying to spear one.

Hubby ordered a red wine to go with the steak and it was great, but I don't remember now what the name or label was.
All in all, I gave them the benefit of the doubt and that the problems were perhaps due to being unorganized from the makeover. The table was not fully set and I had to ask for flatware. The server didn't quite seem to know the routine.

I also need to mention that there is a charge for parking. A daily charge of eight dollars. The lot is gated, but open to the public as well as hotel patrons so the parking can be a problem at times as people use the lot to park at the beach or boardwalk.

The lot was open on Sunday for anyone to use. I don't know if that is routine or just something for that particular day. Even though the public was given free parking that day, I don't think that the eight dollars was deducted from our daily charge though, but I didn't check.

The only other thing I can thnk to add is the fact that the hotel is right on the beach so if you wanted to swim in the summer it is right there, just a few steps. There is a heated pool that seemed ok and there were kids playing in the pool and seemed to be having a wonderful time.

If you are hard of hearing or noise and I mean lots of it not just a little street noise, but lots and lots of very loud noice doesn't bother you or if you are deaf than this is an ok hotel. I don't think it is great, but it is nice.

I didn't mention that the cost for us was less at this hotel than the Holiday Inn Express, but the Holiday Inn Express at Ventura Harbor is much much nicer. We had just stayed at the Hilton in Santa Cruz prior and it (the Holiday Inn Express ) was right up there with the quality of the Hilton. There was no difference except for two things. The Holiday Inn Express had a plasma screen TV ! and the room was huge. I know you wouldn't think Holiday Inn Express would be that great, but that place was really nice! I am going to write a review for it too.

Sorry, I didn't get photos of how close the train was, but didn't think of it until it was too late. Will try to do that next time.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
7  Thank BLUEskies-KY
Reviewed 16 March 2007

My Mother and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Ventura Mar 6-9. We enjoyed our stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The lobby and rooms were nice and clean. We had a great view up the beach. The hotel restaurant was having a grand opening while we were there and a couple times came back in the evening to getting the last parking spot in the lot because of this. I had read reviews before staying at the property and knew we would be hearing the train going by therefore, it wasn't a problem. It never woke me up during the night and that is all that matters to me. The train runs all the way up the coast so hotels on the beach in other cities may have the same problem. We used this hotel as a central point to explore the central coast and it was great. Make sure to eat at the steakhouse next door (bottom of parking garage on the water)....great food.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank ebowen
Reviewed 26 February 2007

The location would be great, were it not for being adjacent to the freeway and train tracks. They try to remedy this with a sleep therapy CD and earplugs, but it just doesn't cut it. If your looking for a quiet oceanfront hotel, this isn't the place.

The food in a word, -- miserable. We ordered room service - the chicken piccata was terribly salty and very dry and the baked potato was greasy, gummy and cold.

On the positive side, the service was OK, and the staff was friendly.

Overall, not a very positive experience, but the price was right. I won't stay here again, though. We'll splurge next time and be a little more particular.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple