“Oh what a hidden gem”

Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed 11 July 2015 via mobile

Let me begin with a praise of the highest kind. This restaurant is truly one of a kind classic French restaurant hidden by not being on Main street. What wonderful food we had and enjoyed. I highly recommend 71 Palm for anyone who really enjoys excellent food and wants something more for their culinary adventures.

1  Thank joeytd

Reviewed 7 May 2015 via mobile

Our go-to Ventura restaurant when I want a quality meal and a friendly chat with the owner Didier. On a sunny, warm January day we sat on the front porch and indulged in magnificent baked mac and cheese with rich creamy cheeses in a very large portion even though it is listed on the menu as a side dish. I can never resist one of their fresh salads and enjoyed a beet salad this time. My hub went for the lunch special of homemade soup, ceasar salad and bacon turkey sand which was a deal at under $13.

I also enjoy lunch on a Monday since that is their sand dab day. There is a different lunch special every day, so ask. I have eaten sand dabs at several restaurants, and 71 Palm remains champion. We also eat here for dinner before seeing a play, or to celebrate birthdays, and are never disappointed. They have some nice wines and cocktails, all pricey, but they are higher quality, so you get what you pay for.

1  Thank dkayrenick
Reviewed 15 March 2015

My wife and I had two stunning salad lunches - best we've had in ages.

Excellent service, just the perfect place to chill-out following a busy time in the city center close by.

1  Thank robert_g_w_brown
Reviewed 18 February 2015 via mobile

One of my favorite Ventura restaurants. The friendly owner is like a family friend because we have been eating here for years. We love sitting on their porch, but there are nice tables under the local art in the lovely craftsman style home built in 1910.
I am addicted to their mac and cheese with a blending of French cheeses, and their Monday special, sand dabs with capers, the best I have had. Today my husband had excellent blackened salmon ceasar salad and instead of their excellent creme brulee, we opted for the poached pear covered in quality chocolate sprinkled with almonds and sitting atop vanilla ice cream which is a winner too. Never had a bad meal here. There is a nice wine list too, and a full bar.

Reviewed 31 December 2014 via mobile

I had an amazing dinner. Very French flare no doubt. The service was excellent. The highlight of my meal was the dessert. I had the floating island. Wow super good. If you want some great French food this is the spot.