“Perfect”

Paradise Pantry
Ranked #20 of 457 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Deli, Wine Bar
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This is a gem of a find across from the Mission San Buenaventura. If you go to the mission and not get a bite here it would be a sin. The food here, along with the wine and cheese shop, really is what it the name suggests - Paradise. I have enjoyed lunch and dinner here several times and each time I come away thinking it was even better than I remembered. Yesterday, I enjoyed (swooned, really) seafood cakes and a salad, one of the many specials. They did not disappoint. No, they were heavenly, along with the sauce and even the salad. I’ve had the Mac n cheese before but I just didn’t have the time for confession afterward (Father forgive me but I just had the best damn MacNCheese EVER...) I found myself staring at a table of women enjoying sandwiches(they deserve a better name) that I could not take my eyes off...the bread, the way it was toasted-or pan toasted-the melty cheese pouring out over the sides...it’s like I HAD to know what was on those sandwiches...But I didn’t want to be caught ogling...the sandwiches. Everything here is good. No, great. Everything is made fresh, the veggies are organic and local, the service is friendly and the atmosphere is welcoming and homey. Buratta and fruit for dessert...We should all be so lucky to have this piece of paradise right here...on this side of paradise. Love, love, love, love, love.....

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Paradise Pantry in Ventura came to my attention based on a recommendation. I am so glad that I went because my lunch was spectacular. I had the grilled smoked ham sandwich accompanied by the purple haze salad. The bread was expertly grilled and had a nice crunch. The ham had a nice smokey slightly sweet flavor. The sandwich and salad portions was quite large. The plating was beautiful.

One small negative is that the restaurant is rather cozy (small-ish) and at the time of my visit, was jammed packed with diners. As a result, it was noisy. After enjoying a wonderful glass of Chardonnay, all was good. I would recommend dining after the lunch rush. All in all, it was a great meal with excellent service.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

A sMall by MAny StANdARds ResTaurAnt>ThE meNu WAs desIGned to Have soMEtHinG for eVeryOnes PalAte. We OrdEReD the pasTRami SAndwich & cocOnut Milk CaRRoT soup. BoTh ARTfUlly PrepARed aNd SERvEd uSinG the freshEST anD HIghESt QuAliTY inGRedIEnts.ThIs sMaLl lItTle cAfe serVes SomE of The FiNESt QuALIty foOd in The DownTown Ventura aREA. DEfInETly WoRTH A viSiT> There is a
Old wOrlD DelI stylE markEt attAcHED with SOme verY unuSUAl finDS>uNIque ShOpping pLace....

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Food is awesome and love the wine flights. It's a small place so can get full quickly. Desserts are fantastic.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

The food and the atmosphere and service were all impeccable!! I will recommend this place to all of my friends and coworkers!!