“Authentic Greek food”

Stephen's Market and Grill
Ranked #53 of 439 Restaurants in Ventura
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

First time here since it opened 5 years ago. Very large menu. The lamb tzatziki was perfect. Almost enough for two. Very good wine list. The baklava was good but not as good as home made. You can also buy fresh meat that trim very nice for you. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed 19 March 2017

I have been meaning to try this place out- I come to Ventura often. So I made a special trip and being that I wasn't ready to eat- bought a Greek Salad as take-out.
The chicken was excellent, as were the olives and feta... but otherwise it was pretty average.
The BAKLAVA though... ugh- first ingredient Corn Syrup in brackets High Fructose Corn Syrup.. can't a mom and pop make Baklava with honey and real ingredients- make it and sell it- if it runs out.. ok .. but I didn't realize the issue until I got ready to eat it and now I can't $7 for mass produced Baklava with High Fructose Corn Syrup.. now I won't even go back for another chance..
Like local businesses but not when they cut corners. Ugh so disappointed.

Reviewed 6 January 2017

The food is very fresh with a lot of middle eastern and Greek tastes. All of the dishes were great. The wine was good.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

If you like Lamb and Greek food, this is the place! It is very casual with checkered table cloths. You order at the counter and they bring the food to you. Wasn't sure what the quality would be since it was so casual. The food was better than some upscale restaurants I've been to. Great salad and roasted potatoes and a generous rack of lamb. My husband had the tri-tip. The serving size was enough for 4 people! He also loved his meat. The marinade was very good. Also, a very generous serving of wine. I'm telling everyone I know about this place!

Reviewed 27 December 2016

Having family over for a Holiday meal is much easier and less stressful when you decide to let a local specialty restaurant do the preparation. We decided to try Stephen's Market and Grill which is local and recognized for their Greek/Mediterranean food. The perfect choice! The food was ready on time and perfectly packaged for the 10 of us. The Rack of Lamb was perfectly delicious. It was supplemented with tasty roast potatoes, and a big Greek salad. Pita bread and a Greek dip topped it off. I can see where we will be enjoying more meals this year at Stephen's! Lunch is also very tasty here.

Been to Stephen's Market and Grill? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK