“Rancid butter in an upscale restaurant?”
Review of Rhumb Line

Rhumb Line
Reserve with OpenTable
Rhumb Line is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 457 Restaurants in Ventura
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Schooner Drive
Transit: Ventura Harbor water taxi.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We've been there a few times, food is good by Ventura standards. Nice view of Ventura harbor. This time we went on a Friday evening and the place was full and noisy, not my idea of a romantic dinner. Then we get rancid butter. OMG!
how can this happen in what wants to be an upscale restaurant?
My wife had lobster and got pre-melted butter, most likely melted hours ago.
This is one of my pet pieves, old melted butter just does not taste the same as fresh melted butter. So it's an ok place, may want to avoid Fridays.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

We had dinner with our friends this past week- their special was surf n turf w wine & dessert- a killer deal.
Truly enjoyed it and highly recommend it.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

Each of us ordered something different and each dish was great. He raved about the eggs Benedict and potatoes and she enjoyed the scrambled eggs with hash browns. I enjoyed the salmon done perfectly. The spicy Bloody Mary's are worth it too. When visiting the coast, put this place on your "must try" list.

Reviewed 27 January 2018

There were four of us for lunch. When the food arrived my order was the only one that was correct, so I was left to stare at my plate while the other orders were taken away to be reworked. The others in my party encouraged me to “Go ahead, eat your meal while it’s still warm,” but I thought that would be rude so I waited. I think most places with properly trained waitstaff would know to at least ask me if they could keep my meal warm while I waited. Unfortunately, neither the quality of the food nor anything else about this place made up for it.

Reviewed 11 December 2017

This place is just okay. I've been here several times for lunch and have to say that nothing I've had has ever been all that stellar. The service is average, but they're rarely ever busy during lunch so the service better be good. For what you get, the cost seems a bit high--they're trying to do fine dining but the food just doesn't measure up. The views are great though, so that does make up a little where the food is lacking.

1  Thank Lauren W

Been to Rhumb Line? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK