“First Time........ but I will try again”
Review of Rhumb Line

Rhumb Line
Reserve with OpenTable
Rhumb Line is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #70 of 475 Restaurants in Ventura
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Schooner Drive
Transit: Ventura Harbor water taxi.
Reviewed 3 November 2017

Very clean and open on the inside. Service was top notch VERY kind and helpful. Good cocktails. Rib Eye Steak was good size and Lamb Chops was plenty. Presentation was nice but the entrees just had no flavor and potatos were under cooked. Steak was tender but no Ruth Chris on the flavor same with the Lamb. Salads were awesome. We were there at night but I'm sure the view is spectacular during the day. I will go back to give it another try because it is a local restaurant and I believe in supporting our locals, maybe for brunch.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank Cmkcal K

Reviewed 31 October 2017

The new owners have made this my favorite place on a Sunday afternoon. The food is much better, certainly more consistent and the staff is great. I am going to miss it when they close to refurbish but cant wait to see what they do.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 30 September 2017

I love this place! Service and food have been off the chart stellar since Tommy and his group have taken over. I've been there for happy hour, lunch and dinner and it does not disappoint. If you were there during previous ownership I promise you this is a 180. Attentive service. Go for happy hour and try anything w/ ahi. The sliders are also divine and the beet salad on the regular menu is a must. Beautiful location- happy that someone is making a go of it in this spot. Go soon as they'll be closing right after the 1st of the year for a complete remodel and new name!

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner here on a beautiful September evening. We sat outside to watch the sun set. He had the clam chowder and halibut with risotto frutti di mare, while I had 4 huge oysters on the half shell followed by the linguine and clams. I loved the linguine because it did not come in a heavy sauce and had plenty of fresh clams. My husband got a lot of fish with his meal, including some mini octopuses in his risotto (which he gave to me!) yum! Beautiful sunset as well!

Reviewed 22 September 2017

Had dinner on their outside deck last week with a group of fellow Board members. In spite of being a fairly large group the service was outstanding. I recommend the clam chowder, lots of clams, and the filet was nicely grilled to medium rare. Of course nothing beats having their signature Sunset Margarita while the sun slowly set in the Pacific Ocean !