“Charming, updated and good value” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Legacy Hotel

Legacy Hotel
Ranked #54 of 62 Hotels in Little Rock
Bella Vista, AR
“Charming, updated and good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

This is an historic hotel, with a georgous lobby, marble staircase and large rooms - very quiet which is what I like when business traveling. Yes, things are old (charmingly so); the architecture is outstanding and well preserved. Rooms have microwaves, refrigerators, cable and internet connections so well updated too and I had everything I needed already in my room and working as it should. I found the staff to be accommodating and friendly. There is no night life at the restaurant/bar (not something I am looking for anyway) and did not eat there (because of time constraints) so cannot rate the food.

One of the best values in the area, as far as pricing is concerned. If you like everything 'modern' (cookie cutter) do not stay here - if you appreciate old-fashioned accommodations this is a wonderful place to stay. Yes the elevator is old and somewhat creaky, but they built things to last back then.

The only real negative for me was that the air conditioner/heater was very loud, but put the fan on continuous and was able to get to sleep; bed was very comfortable and sheets were soft. Traveling there again next week.

Room Tip: My room was a connection area between the hotel and the motor court (read the history) and there wer...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Kansas City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I booked this trip through Hot Wire based on a three star rating, with the hotel name shielded, as a "Hot Buy," or something like that. The pictures on Hotwire looked great and I'm sure at one time it was a grand hotel, but not anymore. We arrived at the hotel in daylight (thankfully). There was some debris strewn in the parking lot, maybe left over construction materials. Upon check in, our room reservation was incorrect ( I blame Hotwire not the hotel) and the hotel did accomadate us. While there were elevators (I agree, scary ones) there were also stairways, splitting the floors. Very difficult to navigate for my 78 year old mother. Additionally, there was no way to get to our room from the main hotel entrance, so we had to return to the lobby, go outside and walk to the other secluded end of the property, carrying our luggage as there were no luggage carts. The elevator at the other end was also scary. As we were entering our room, a man with a filthy tshirt and jeans asked if we needed help, which we declined. I don't know if he worked there (hotel staff did not have identifying hotel affiliation-front desk attendant had magenta hair, tatoos, and a concert tshirt). In any event, he was creepy. The room itself, while clean enough, was shabby at best and beds were saggy, . The doors (there was an entrance door and a balcony door) were hollow and could have been easily broken through. Apparently, based one door's condition, someone had tried as there was a big dent in it and splintered wood. The parking lot was not secure, nor was it well lit. We ended up not staying there because we did not feel safe.

Room Tip: Never book a room where the name of the hotel is shielded. And never use Hotwire,
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Meri B

Travellers are raving about these Little Rock hotels

Paragould, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

I am not the type to do this...(I leave the reviews to my husband) but I had to go to Little Rock for business training. I seen that this hotel had 4 stars I thought ok, and besides I was a block from where I was needing to be. When I walked in it was very muggy. The elevator scared me. I was afraid it was going to fall by the noise that was coming from it. When I made it to my room it was nasty. There was stains on the carpet. The bathroom needed to be cleaned. The air vent in the room ran all the time. I couldn't even hear the TV unless I had it going full blast. The thing that topped it off was when I went the next morning to take my shower. THE WATER WAS YELLOW!!!!! I let the water out of the tub and THERE WAS A DIRT RING IN THE BOTTOM OF THE TUB!!!! I had to let the water run for 5 min to get it cleared up. I dressed as fast as I could and ran out of the door! I will NEVER be back there again!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank A L
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

There were no towels in room had to go down to get my own because the phone didn't work and bathtub doesn't drain when I went to speak to management the next morning he spoke to me on phone at front desk not in person and tells me the phones in room do work so basically called me a liar and then told he could give a $5.00 discount for getting my own towels because my room was booked threw Expedia for $73.00 that is unacceptable that is not my job to have to get own towels and be treated like this by ignorant management at least he could have offered a free night don't waist your time with this place . Thank you David

• Stayed February 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ddees23255
SW MO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

A renovated hotel that is a nice alternative to hotel/motel chains with a connection to Little Rock history. My room was a corner room on the 5th floor with a great view of the state capitol. Did not eat at the restaurant, but the room itself was nice & clean. The clerk working the front desk when our party arrived was very friendly and recommended a good restaurant to eat in downtown (The Flying Fish).

Since my room was paid for by the organizers of the event I was speaking at, I can't speak to the value, but overall, the Legacy was a very good place to stay during my brief trip to Little Rock.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends