“Good overall and decent price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Little Rock

Crowne Plaza Little Rock
Ranked #21 of 62 Hotels in Little Rock
Elmhurst, Illinois
“Good overall and decent price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

I ahve been coming to Little Rock for over twenty years. Many of the trips I have stayed at this hotel as it went though many changes from a simple Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Select, to Crowne Plaza. Overall I would have to say it is a good hotel but it really only get's the 4 stars based upon having the amenities and it is a good location overall.

The staff is usually very pleasant but like most chain hotels can be spotty.

Very nice restaurant staff and a plesant lobby bar. Used the pool in the past but it's part of the lobby which is a little strange.

Side Note: This last trip (this week) when I checked in I realized I forgot to update our travel department that I recently recieved a InterContinental Ambassador Card which was supposed to give me some extra perks. I tld the fornt desk at the Crowne Plaza and since they are the same hotel chain asked that he switch from my Priority Club card. Anyway this took at least 5 long minutes. He kept starring at the screen and clicking around. I finally asked if there was a problem as there were othe people waiting to check in? I really would have done it later.

Anyway he said it was "tricky" to do and to get the correct number in.

After I got to my room I looked at both cards and realized that both the Priority Club and Ambassador Club had the identical membership number! So I am not sure why he did not notice.

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms facing outward rather then the Atrium.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BethBoyd, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Little Rock, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Dear CABix
Thank you for your review of Crowne Plaza Little Rock. Sounds like you've been staying with us a long time--I've been here through all the upgrades, as well! It looks like that desk clerk needs some training on the Priority Club system. It has recently changed so he obviously isn't comfortable with it. We look forward to seeing you again soon. There aren't that many Ambassador levels out there and we'd love to show our appreciation to your loyalty. Please let us know if there's anything we can do for you by contacting sales@crowneplazalittlerock.com
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Los Angeles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

My initial impression of this Little Rock hotel perched on a small hill in the west part of the city. It is an imposing structure which reminded me very much of there Crowne Plaza Bejing. The structures are almost identical with an imposing external facade and an interior wall where all interior rooms open dramatically into the hotel lobby/bar area. Unfortunately,the similarities end there. The greeting at the front desk was very friendly and the associates were humorous. The room was a traditional motel/hotel like habitation. The room was dark in spite of several lamps. The carpeting was heavy and very dark making it impossible to judge the cleanliness. The weather outdoors was in the 30's and the room heater kept turning off and on either leaving the room slighted over heated or uncomfortably chilly with a poorly responsive thermostat.
I paid a small premium to reside on the concierge priority floor with drinks and snacks in the evening and breakfast in the morning. Usually,these floor are very pleasant and enhance the stay... Here all that was provided was an uninspiring room with coffee shop furniture and meager snacks that were not tasty. There were charges for ALL beverages except for soft drinks and coffee. The server was a very pleasant gentlemen who meant well but had very little to offer. Breakfast was not a good experience.
The buffet was essentially cold breakfast beverages, bread, one pastry and grease bacon. There were waffle makers but no waffles. The server explained, "There is not batter".

Room service was not bad. The menu was identical to the restaurant menu and only slightly more expensive. I ordered a steak sandwich for $19.00 dollars and received a generous 6 oz steak on a roll with a giant baked potato. I was charged $4.00 for a tiny salon. The room service steward was unsmiling uneasier and spilled the tray without apologizing.

Desert in the main dining room was tasty. Unfortunately, the dour room service steward was also the server in the dining room... Either that or they were identical unhappy twins.

There is a pleasant bar in the lobby with friendly people. The bar tender mixed decent drinks but may have learned her interpersonal skills from the dining room server across the hall.

The prices in the hotel are modest and you could certainly do worse in value and comfort. However, I suggest one of the more traditional higher rated downtown hotels.

Room Tip: Take the concierge floor only if the extra charge is VERY modest.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Dear Nomadralph-
Thank you for your review of Crowne Plaza Little Rock. We are sorry you were not completely satisfied with your stay. We strive daily to give every guest the service they expect and deserve. We have a ton of satisfied guests and sorry we were not able to add you to that list. We hope if you return to LIttle Rock you will give us another chance to serve you.
Reading, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

I arrived at the Crowne Plaza in Little Rock shortly after staying in its sister hotel in Albany, NY. Hands down, Little Rock was well ahead of the game. Rooms were stylishly decorated, and immaculately clean. Staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Don't miss stopping in the lobby's coffee shop for a latte. Should I ever have reason to return to Little Rock - I'll be back.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BethBoyd, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Little Rock, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Dear mqrussell
Thank you so much for your review of Crowne Plaza Little Rock! We're so glad you were pleased with our hotel and your stay. We look forward to having you back soon! Have a great 2012!
Aliso Viejo, Ca.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

This Little Rock location was a good stay. The hotel is located next to a PF Changs which is an easy walk. Other restaurants and shops are close as well.

I will stay here again when I am back in town!

• Stayed February 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BethBoyd, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Little Rock, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Dear DUpton-
Thank you so much for your review of the Crowne Plaza Little Rock. We appreciate your comments and so pleased that you enjoyed the stay. Come back and see us soon. Have a great 2012!
Monticello, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay for the first time in January. The room was a nice and appeared recently updated with all of the standard conveniences. It would be great to have had bath and body works products. The staff was quite cordial and I felt safe there. I wish I hadn't felt sick and could have taken advantage of the restaurant and evening social. I will definitely stay her again!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
BethBoyd, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Little Rock, responded to this review, 5 February 2012
Dear T V
Thank you so much for your comments on Crowne Plaza Little Rock! We're so glad we met your expectations and you received the service you expect and deserve. So sorry you were ill....hopefully next time you can try out our restaurant! Have a great week!